Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who Is Putting Words In Your Child's Mouth

Who is putting thoughts and words in your children's mouths? Are you feeding them the word of God on a daily basis? Are you making sure they know the Lord in such a personal way, that they grow up without fear, but with peace, power over their situations, and a sound mind. How many children today are on medications because of their minds? It is sad, but I see it every day, so many children taking strong narcotics for their minds. What is being fed to these children that their minds need this strong medication?

How much time does your child spend each day with the LORD? How much time do they spend reading His word, listening to what He has to say to them? How much time do they spend on the computer playing games, how much time in front of the TV watching who knows what? How much time at school listening to who knows what? So when they come home from school, do you talk with them, do you spend time with them, or do you send them on with a sugary snack to play on their computers, watch their tv shows that you recorded for them, or go out with more friends, that are influencing them?

This is not a time is this world to be ignoring your children. This is not a time to let the opportunity pass by of teaching your child what the word of God says. I read something yesterday, that may or may not have been true, but just the implication of what this letter from a Jewish woman was saying about when Hitler came into office, and the things that started happening, got me to thinking about our children. Who is going to teach our children the righteous ways of the LORD, who is going to teach them what God says about abortion, about stealing, about fornication, about being honest, trustworthy, about telling the truth, about facing their fears, about Who will bring them through their trials and tribulations? Who will they turn to when they need help? Who will they seek out when they have a secret that is tearing them apart?

Here is what God says....

Jer. 1 v 5-9.....".Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Then I said, Ah, LORD God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.' But the LORD said to me; "Do not say, 'I am a youth', for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you", says the LORD. Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me, "Behold I have put My words in your mouth.".........

Who is putting words in your child's mouth? Who is forming what they believe in their hearts? Because what goes in has to come out. Just like the law of gravity, what goes up has to come down, it is the same with what we feed into our hearts has to come out. I pray today that no matter how young or old your child is, that you pay attention to what is being fed them. What sort of mother would give their child sour milk to drink? Think about that when you let them play a computer game full of violence, or watch a questionable TV program, or who you are letting them hang out with.

Christian Parents it is time to take back the raising of our children and quit letting the world babysit them. There are too many age appropriate Christian activities out there to keep our children happy. They do not have to go to the world to seek happiness, and to get medication for peace in their minds. AMEN!


Neta

No comments: