Friday, October 10, 2008

What Is God To You

How do you feel when you think of God? Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling, or do you get this huge overwhelming feeling of awe? Do you feel like you can conquer the world with God by your side, or do you just believe that there is a higher being out there somewhere?

As a child of God, you should have the overwhelming awe of how big and how great our God is. You should not only feel like you can conquer the world, but know that you have the power of God on your side to bring you through whatever faces you. You should be like David running toward his problem with sling shot in hand instead of shrinking from attacks against you. Now you know that big giant had to stop for just a minute and wonder, who does this little shrimp think he is, running at me like this, and it is probably that moment of arrogance that hesitation, that allowed David to land the single shot he needed to bring this giant down. God will do the same for you. When things look hopeless, when it looks like you have a Goliath coming against you, God will show you where you are the one in control, you are the one with the power, because as a child of God, you are given the power of God over your enemies. You too, like David can run forward at your attacker and slay your giant.

God is a Warrior King and He is on your side.

2 Sam. 22 v 7-20.....In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came to His ears. The earth trembled and quaked, the foundations of the heavens shook; they trembled because He was angry. Smoke rose from His nostrils; consuming fire came from His mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds under His feet. He mounted the cherubim and flew; He soared on the wings of the wind. He made darkness His canopy around Him...the dark rain clouds of the sky. Out of the brightness of His presence bolts of lightning blazed forth. The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the MOST HIGH resounded. He shot arrows and scattered the enemies, bolts of lightning and routed them. The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the LORD, at the blast of breath from His nostrils, He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters, He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me...........

WOW! Can you just see the breath of God coming from His nostrils and parting the earth, laying back the layers of earth and drying up a vast sea with one snort from Him in anger, because someone or something is trying to come against one of His children? What an AWESOME< AMAZING< WONDERFUL< GOD we serve. AMEN!

Does this not make you want to find out all you can about God and His love for you? All the answers are in His word. Read it everyday and be reassured during these troubling times that you will Conquer and come out the Victor. AMEN!


Neta

No comments: