Monday, October 13, 2008

For The Sake Of Ten

I received an email just the other day from a friend back home, that a radio announcer had sent out concerning how unappreciative the evacuees in LA. were regarding the help they were given there. At first upon reading this, I too was caught up in the anger of this person, but then the Holy Spirit started working on me, about how many times did I come to the LORD, and how many times did He forgive me, when I did not deserve forgiveness, and how many times have I been selfish in ways that I am not proud of. I thought this is the work of SATAN, through this man, by hardening his heart toward the victims of a tragedy. I thought, If I let my heart be hardened, then I too am falling into this trap of Satan. Yes, there may be some who do not appreciate the help, but there are also those that do appreciate. Maybe, there are more that do not, but this brought to my mind, the scripture in Genesis, where Abraham is pleading to God for the innocent people.

Genesis 18 v 23-24......And Abraham came near and said, "Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it?....

Gen. 18 v 26....So the LORD said, "If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.....

Gen. 18 v 29....And he spoke to Him yet again and said, "Suppose there should be forty found there?" So He said, "I will not do it for the sake of forty."...

And this goes on until Abraham is pleading for just 10 righteous people found in the city.

Gen. 18 v 32.....Then he said, "Let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak but once more; suppose ten should be found there? And He said, "I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.".....

And so this is a copy of my response to the email to my friend. This response was sent out of love for her and all others who have felt the way I did, so as not to harden our hearts, and get off track from how God tells us in His word how we are to treat others.


Hey homey,
I said a prayer for this radio owner. I prayed the LORD would not harden his heart toward his fellow man when in crisis. There is a reason the red cross uses volunteers to help in these matters, it is to keep organization in what they are doing and not a bunch of mayhem from hungry, grumpy and yes probably alot of unappreciative people. But God did not tell us to get angry with them, He said feed them, clothe them, minister unto them. Just think what if God treated us that way when we came to Him, after we lived such sinful lives, and unappreciative lives. Think how many times did God have to call us from our sinful pasts before we gave in and listened to Him? I know I got just as angry as the next person, but after reading this, I feel ashamed of how I felt toward those people. I know first hand how they trash the things they are given, I cleaned up after them for the church. I know first hand how unappreciative they can be. But I also saw first hand how appreciative some were and how they did all they could to take care of what they were given. It is just like people throwing Christians all into one basket, saying that church goers are hypocrites. We can't throw them all into one basket, and we can't stop helping just because we do not feel they appreciate the efforts. We have to remember like in the word, when in Genesis chapter 18 v 16-33, Abraham pleads for the people when God wants to wipe them out because of their sin, and he says to God, Lord if only ten are found innocent will you spare them. And the Lord said, if ten are found, I will not destroy it for the sake of ten. Not ten thousand but 10. AMEN!
I love you homey, do not let the anger of others get into your heart and feed your spirit. It is hard to be around those type of people and not let their ways and thoughts soak into our spirits, but we have to re-call His WORD and stay on His course. AMEN!

neta

No comments: