Friday, October 31, 2008

How Smart Are You

While watching Jeopardy the other night, I was shocked by how smart some people are but then how much they lack wisdom in the word. I have seen this several times on Jeopardy, where someone will know all the answers and be running away with the game, but then there will be a category on the Bible, and these people do not have a clue. This happened on this show, and I was thinking, you can be the smartest person in the world, but if you do not know the word of God and His instructions you will lose the game in the end. If you do not have that personal relationship with the LORD JESUS you will not win at the game of life. Oh you might win a TV game, or a board game played against your peers, but the most important game of all will separate you from true wisdom.

My prayer for all of you who are just getting your lives on track, and you have a hunger for the LORD, start out reading 1 Jhn, 2nd & 3rd Jhn, then read the gospels. Then you can go back and read in the old testament. You can get some study tapes, or books by Christian authors, listen to teaching CD's on the radio while you are driving to and from work. Spend your spare time in the word of GOD, and see how much peace and understanding you acquire. Don't try to read the whole Bible in a week, break it down, pick a subject, look in your concordance then read all of the scriptures that pertain to that subject. Keep a notepad, and jot down thoughts as they come to you, questions you may have, then look them up for yourself in the word of GOD. Pray before you open your Bible, pray for wisdom, divine understanding over the word, and ask GOD to reveal to you, what He is saying to you. You can always do like me, and set a time aside for just you and HIM, and have a cup of tea, or coffee together, while you diligently seek HIM and His Wisdom. Some of you may have a whole hour for lunch, talk to GOD while you have your Big Mac, break bread with Him somewhere quiet, maybe in your car where you won't be disturbed. Listen to what He has to say to you.

If you are like me, you are so hungry for HIS word, that you try to soak in all you can when you can. I feel this great urgency to know all that I can about HIM, and I want to be a good servant unto HIM.

Sometimes, I think, is anybody really reading these things, and then like just yesterday, someone tells me how blessed they are by reading these tid-bits, how much they have helped them, and one lady said she sends them to her brother in prison, and how blessed he says he has been by reading them. I told Rob, later, this really made my heart glad, to know that GOD is using me, and this is HIS ministry. I am but a vessel bringing it to these people. But all the glory and praise goes to HIM who sends me. AMEN!

Prov. 8 v 17....I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me......

Heb. 4 v 12-13....For the word of GOD is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart,....

If you will diligently seek the LORD, you will be blessed with more wisdom than the so called smartest person. To be smart and learned of this world is one thing, but to have wisdom and understanding of the word of GOD is far much better. AMEN!

Thank you to all the tid-bit readers for being faithful to read, and I pray that you are faithful to look up the scriptures that I use, and read them for yourselves. I love you all and pray for you all each day.

In JESUS name I asked the LORD to bless each and everyone of you with your hearts desires, but most of all that your hearts desires are to seek HIM first. AMEN!


Neta

No comments: