Friday, August 1, 2008

Who Is Going To Get the Door

When you are burdened and troubled with things, do you dwell on them and try to handle them on your own? Or do you send Jesus to the door and let Him answer your problems. I heard this put this way, yesterday while watching 'Joseph Prince on Daystar'. He was saying there was a little five year old girl who kept having this nightmare about someone knocking on the door, and every time she went to the door it was the devil. She said finally, she ended these nightmares. When asked how did she end them, she simply said, that the next time the door knocked, she told Jesus someone is at the door, and when He opened the door, the devil said, sorry wrong house. WOW!
If a 5 year old can figure out that she needs to turn things over to the Lord to handle, why is it so difficult for us to see.

When someone is giving you a hard time at work or school, just say Jesus so & so wants to have a word with you today. When you know that you are going to face a difficult situation, stop and get the word of God out and search for your answer, and then ask the Lord to deliver that answer for you personally. AMEN!

It is so easy for me to sit in the comforts of my home and write these suggestions to you on how to deal with the world, when I am not out there in the world everyday. But, the reason I know what to do, is when I did go back to work, I had to face the same trials. So everyday, I would ask the Lord to fill my heart so full of His word that when things come up during the day, I would act out of my heart that was full of His word, instead of out of my flesh. I would get into His word before I ever started my day with the world, and fill up as much as I could before I went in to the battle zone. I didn't just try to memorize scriptures in my head, no I wanted them in my heart, so that they would have meaning for me, so I would know how to use them like Jesus Himself did. Head knowledge is one thing, but heart knowledge is so much more.

Romans 10 v 8...but what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is the word of faith which we preach)......
We will need faith to let Jesus answer the door when trouble comes knocking.

Matt. 11 v 28-30...."Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jesus is telling us, that when we go to work, first come to Him and take His yoke to work and not your own, for in Him you will find your task easy and you will find rest from your burdens because He is swapping job duties with you today. HALLELUJAH!

So next week, when you start your work week, allow some extra time in the morning to fill up on the word, before you go out into the world. And when they come knocking, send Jesus to the door. Remember you swapped duties with Him today. Oh Yeah, refills are free, so if you need some extra, take your break times and lunch time to get a refill. AMEN!

Neta

No comments: