Thursday, August 28, 2008

We Will Not Be Discouraged

We woke up last night to the constant rain, and although all day yesterday I kept praising God for the much needed rain in our state, I was not very praiseworthy when I got up at 10pm and stepped on saturated carpet. All through the night the rain just got harder and harder and at first I was so distraught over this matter that I could not go to sleep. Then finally, I said, LORD, protect our home, from the wind and rain. I prayed for sleep so that I would be rested this morning, and I prayed for wisdom in what to do next. It got worse, it was as if someone had a tube on top of our camper and was just letting water pour in. The carpet is soaked all the way going down toward the next level. Then when I walked down stairs, the slide on the same side downstairs had saturated carpet as well. Rob started pulling on his jeans, getting ready to tackle our situation. I said, Sweetie, come here, sit down have some tea, the LORD is on His way. There is nothing you can do at this exact moment, and this is our time with the LORD, and the enemy will not steal that from us. We prayed for wisdom, guidance and understanding over our problem. I said LORD, we are your children, and we are faithful in our tithing and our offerings. Your word says, you will destroy the devourer and our fruits will not be ate up. Well, LORD, it looks like this is an enemy, a devourer, so I am relying on you to destroy him. And enemy you can leave now, because you will not cause dissension between me and my husband over some silly water leak. Our God, is bigger than you are, and we laugh in your face at this, and we will rejoice that if you destroy this shelter, it is only because GOD has a better one for us. AMEN! The spirit of urgency, and despair left us, and we had our tea, and we spent our time together in GOD's word and this is what we saw this morning in the word.

Phil. 4 v 4-7....Rejoice in the LORD always, Again I say rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The LORD is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to GOD, and the peace of GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus......

Isn't it amazing how GOD always knows the right words you need at the right time. Really, I am not amazed anymore, I just expect God to have the words for me now in my trials and tribulations. I have come to depend on Him now instead of myself for the wisdom to know what to do or how to react.

And then as if that wasn't enough, I opened up my magazine from Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the first paragraph I read said this...."Just about everywhere you look these days you see signs of shortage, disaster and just general despair. Thank God this is not the attitude of the believer who is actively living by faith. We need to be careful not to react to surrounding circumstances, but rather respond to GOD's Word and draw on our strength from Him".........

In all things we will rejoice and be glad, we will not be discouraged. We will trust our GOD to provide what is needed. So now, I will go to work and trust the LORD to guide Rob through his work here. I can go with confidence, knowing that MY GOD and my husband will complete their work today. I am a little jealous, that Rob will be getting to work with the LORD today while I am on my job with the world. But He who is in me will be a great help to me also. AMEN!

Thank you LORD for the rain that continues to fall, our state does need it, and it is a blessing.
Neta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear such a positive attitude through all this negativity. The rain is a blessing, and I think we can all be grateful that Gustav did not do near the damage it could have. Funny, you mention Kenneth Copeland - I think we also need to remember to keep him and his family in our prayers as they continue to fight the Grassley investigation.