Thursday, August 21, 2008

Are You A Gideon

Are you a Gideon when trials and troubles attack you? Do you run and hide from your troubles or do you turn them over to the Lord and trust Him to bring you through? Have you read the story of Gideon and how he was hiding from the Midianites, hiding his meager little portion of wheat so that they would not steal it. Then the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said, "the LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!" Gideon is looking around as if to say, "are you talking to me?" I am in here hiding, I am the least of my family, still looking around, sure that this Angel must see someone he does not see, he is thinking, surely you must have stumbled into the wrong hiding place looking for your mighty man of valor, after all I am in here hiding. HELLO!!

Judges 6 v 12....and the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!"....

Judges 6 v 14-16...then the Lord turned to him and said; "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?" So he said to Him; "O my LORD, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house." And the Lord said to him: "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man."

You see Gideon just saw himself as a small insignificant man compared to an army of Midianites. He could not see that it was not he, himself who would be going up against the Midianites, but that the LORD was with him. If he could just have faith that no one can come up against the LORD and win, and so since the LORD was the one sending him, he was representing the LORD, and who can defeat the LORD? That is how we do when we face a big upset, we immediately think Oh My, what am I going to do, how will I ever survive this? When if we would turn to the LORD and say Lord, this is too big for me, but with you all things are possible, and I am giving you this problem, or this illness, etc., and I am trusting you to show me the way. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Instead of just reading that little verse and proudly quoting it as one we have memorized in our head, we need to get that verse down in our hearts and apply faith to it. God's word will not come back void when spoken with faith.

Once Gideon built his faith up in the LORD, instead of himself, and saw that the Lord was in control, he knew he would not have to worry, that the LORD would always come out the Victor. AMEN!
We need to do the same with our situations today. We need to realize that God will not be defeated, and when HE says we can do something, or when He says through HIS word that by His stripes we were healed, then we just need to apply faith to that word and let Him come out our VICTOR, in other words our SAVIOR. HELLO!

Thank goodness, Gideon finally got it, that the LORD will not be defeated, and this gave him the courage to do what the LORD told him to do. Don't be like Gideon afraid of your situation and hide under a rock, but instead seek the LORD' s help and He will give you the courage as well to be a mighty man of valor. AMEN!

Lord, I pray today for any of my readers out there who might be facing a difficult challenge in their lives, that you will give them courage and strengthen their faith to know that you will bring them through with the victory over their situation. Lord, I ask that you bless each of my readers with special blessings today in whatever area of their lives they might need it. Bless them indeed this day, Thank you LORD for your Yes and AMEN !
Neta

No comments: