Tuesday, August 19, 2008

God Says Test Him In This

The only place in the bible that God tells you to test Him is in Mal. 3 v 10 where He tells you to bring all of the tithe into the storehouse, the storehouse being the church, and test Him and see if He will not open up the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing so large you will not have room to hold it. This is one of my favorite scriptures, but the next part of this scripture jumped out at me today. It sort of goes along with yesterday's tid-bits about believing and not doubting what He will do for you. He says, He will rebuke the devourer away from your fruits. In other words, He will not let anyone come and steal your blessings from you. You might, but He won't.

You say, well how can they steal our fruits if God will not let them. Through your unbelief. You see God sets you up, but you have to have faith in all of His word, not just some of it, to receive the blessings He has for you. You can not tithe, and then when some large bill comes due, or something bad happens, you fold up and say, "Oh me, what am I going to do, how am I going to pay this bill?" No, you rise up and say my God, promised in His word, that the devourer will not come and steal my fruit, therefore, He will provide a way out of this., and I will keep my blessing. AMEN!

Here is a story I read in my devotional today that proves this point.

This story is about Mr. Alexander H.Kerr, who in a meeting of Dwight L. Moody gave his life to Christ. Later, he decided he was going to prove God out in His word on tithing. Mr. Kerr was in deep debt, but he made a covenant with the Lord to pay his tithes faithfully. During his first year of tithing, he started the Kerr fruit jar canning company. He had a large Kerr Glass Manufac. Co. right in the heart of where the famous San Francisco earthquake hit sparking fires all around. His company was surrounded by the fires. The whole area was devastated. People told him that his company would be destroyed, and what was he going to do. He responded with, I will stand on Mal. 3 v 11 knowing that my God said He would rebuke the devourer, and if He does not then His word is a lie. Now that takes faith, to say that God is a liar if He does not protect your fruit. AMEN! When it was over, the whole area was destroyed around his company, but not one item of his company was destroyed, not even the wooden fence surrounding his property. The fires even leaped over his buildings to other buildings, and his was not touched. After this incident, Mr. Kerr published tracts about God's cure for poverty and placed in each case of jars that were shipped. What a testimony! AMEN!

Mal. 3 v 11....."and I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts".......

We just need to have faith in the rest of the scripture of Mal. 3. Don't stop reading after 9-10 but go on and get a revelation of vs. 11. I know, I am going to stand on this scripture next time the devourer tries to come and steal my fruit. AMEN!

Neta

No comments: