Friday, August 15, 2008

Partners

What does it mean to be a partner? It means to come along side someone and help them, be there for them, support them, believe in them, trust in them, go through good times and bad with them. That is how we look at our spouse partners, but we are also called to be partners in each other and in Christ. The way that we partner together in Christ is through each other, and through our church. When we sow our tithes into the church, we are a partner with them. When they send someone out in the mission field, we are just as responsible for the work of that missionary as the missionary himself. We as Christians are never without a partner, because once we accepted the Lord, He became our partner. He is always there for us, no matter what.

I saw this in my bible today, in the sidelines. It is the song that was written years ago, that everyone has heard at some time in their life. Written by: Anna Bartlett Warner

'Jesus Loves Me'

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Did you catch the last verse? He will stay close beside you all the way. Doesn't that just make you want to let out a big sigh of relief, to know that He is there beside you, and you will make it through whatever you are facing. AMEN! Signal your partners to come and help you when you are in need. Don't just sit and brood and think you are all alone. Talk with your Lord and your partner about what is going on, and see what He has to say to you.

Luke 5 v 7....So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink....

Ps 23 v 1-4....The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff comfort me.....

The Lord was there for Peter and the boys when they went out fishing and couldn't find any fish. He showed them the way. And the Lord is there for us, when He says He is our shepherd, another word that could be used here is He is our partner. He will be there for us, no matter what we are going through, He will lead us down the right path, He will comfort us when we need it, and He will feed us just at the right time.

So no matter what you are facing, know this, that if you are a child of God, you do not have to face it alone. You have the best partner anyone could ask for. Remember Jesus Loves You, and wants to be your partner. AMEN!
Neta

No comments: