Friday, August 15, 2008

Is It God, Or Is It Me

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you tell yourself, I know this is from God. I have a good feeling about this. Well, is it a good feeling because you got what you wanted, or is it the Holy Spirit giving you a peace because this is what God wanted for you? Sometimes we can deceive ourselves into thinking something is from God, because we ourselves just want it so badly. Are you intuned to listening to the Holy Spirit and what He is telling you? Does what you want line up with the word of God without you changing the word around to make it fit?

God will sometimes use people to guide us, sometimes visions or dreams, sometimes we just hear His voice through our inner man. How do we know for sure it is God? What He tells us will always line up with His word.

And sometimes, when it is from God, the enemy will try to cause dissension over it. For example: If you are trying to do something for the Lord, sometimes, the enemy will use your spouse or another family member to get in your way, to hold up what you are doing. Like with my tid-bits, sometimes I will have a good word from the Lord to send out to you, and the devil will wiggle his way into my house and cause my husband to become a different person. (you know it is not me) (I mean after all I am in God's word doing His business, how could it be me?) Anyway, God's timing is always right on. I had this devotional from 'James Robison' and I decided to wait until today to open it, so I could spend more time on reading it, as we were so busy this weekend. And lo and behold, just what I needed this morning after having a battle with Rob and our timing being off so that we were in each other's way this morning. Me interupting his quiet time and him having the audacity to interupt God's work through me. You see, all it was, is that we just have to get our schedules down to fit, not that we have to shorten our time with God's word, but we just have to rearrange some things so that we can both have our quiet time. My time with the Lord is not any more important than Rob's time with the Lord. Just because the Lord has given me the ministry of my tid-bits, does not mean that He doesn't have a ministry through Rob, that He puts into motion everyday by starting him off with His word, so that he might share with others through out his day. God will always be right on time with His plan for us. So, when we get that good feeling, check to see if we also get a peace from God and that His word lines up with what we are doing. Amen.

Today, I start my new job that I have been praying about, and God blessed me with. I know it is from God, because it does line up with His word. I prayed for a job working Mon-Fri, and for it to be close by the house. My new job is M-F, and 3 miles from my house. I was offered 3 other jobs the same day, but I called back on this one to see if they had made a decision. One job was in a gang related neighborhood, one was 30 miles away having to drive on a very dangerous highway, the other was just not suited for me at all, but was an attempt on my part just to get a job, but the Lord knew the plans He had for me, and opened the door. The reason I know it was from God, the pharmacist said she had been praying for God to send her somebody and no sooner than she got the words out of her mouth, I walked in with my resume, and had the qualifications she was looking for. AMEN! God is Good, and He is Always on Time.

How do we know it is God?
Jhn 14 v 26...."But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.".......

1 Jhn 2 v 27....As for you the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in Him....

Remember we are not always right, just because we are trying to be good Christians, sometimes, the spouse is right also. Listen to what the Lord has to say to you about your situation. AMEN! Be sure to read the devotional from James Robison I will send behind this email.
Have a blessed day.
Neta

No comments: