Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cleansed

Cleansed

I have been praying that the Lord will give me a word each day to use to study His word. My word today was cleansed. Not clean, cleaning, cleansing, cleaner but just cleansed. Important point here is the word cleansed is past tense of clean. In other words, it has already been cleaned.

Lev. 14 v 8..He who is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean. After that he shall come into the camp and shall stay outside his tent seven days.

Even in the old testament days, God was telling people how to use proper hygiene in keeping themselves clean and presentable. People say all the time, God loves everyone even the dirty. Yes that is true, but He also instructs the dirty how to be clean. He wasn't just wasting His breath on telling you how to wash. I mean if we are going to give God our best, that would have to include that we be cleansed. Not just of our filthy ways, but also of our filthy rags. You notice He even told them to wash their clothes. Now I know this verse is talking about a leper, but this could be for everyone. In this day and time especially, we need to pay attention to our personal hygiene. The reason this cleansing was set up this way was to keep from spreading the disease to others. I think God is saying if you would follow these simple steps, you would be in better health.

Matt. 8 v 3...Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him saying, "I am willing, be cleansed....

You see, Jesus didn't say, well, I don't know if that is My will or not for you to be cleansed. Maybe you should stay sick a little longer, I just don't know. Give me a break! Jesus, said I AM WILLING.
Jesus does not ever want you sick. Why in the earth anyone would ever think such a thing, is beyond me. Why would He have taken all those stripes for you, and said by His stripes you were healed, if He was going to later let you suffer after He had already suffered the ultimate for you. I mean think about it. When you do not accept your healing, it is the same as you saying that blood He spilt was for nothing. I for one, am going to receive my healing, because I know that it is His will for me to be healed. HALLELUJAH!!! I do not want one drop of that precious blood to be accounted for nothing because of my unbelief, or lack of trust. AMEN.

Acts. 10 v 15... and a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common....

Here, we find scripture telling us that we had better not call someone or something common, that God has already cleansed. In other words, when we have prejudice against someone we are in a word calling them unclean. That is how God looks at our actions. We just think of prejudice as a difference of opinion toward a race of people that is not the same as we are, but God says, it is the same as you calling them unclean, and His Son's blood was spilled for them just the same as it was for you. So you might want to think about the next time you get ready to judge someone because of their skin color, or the way they worship, or the foods they eat, God says, what I have called clean you better back off. Of course I am paraphrasing there, but you get the point.

I am excited about this word cleansed. God showed us three different ways of using cleansed in His word today. I can't wait to see what word God gives me tomorrow.
Neta

No comments: