Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We Are Not There Yet

We as Christians sometimes think when we hear the word, Oh I've heard that a thousand times before, or yeh, I know that story. But maybe, just maybe God is trying to give you insight to something else in that scripture passage that you may not have gotten the first time. You see, we can not quit learning and striving to be more like Jesus. This is an ongoing everyday affair for us. In other words, you may have read the bible through and through, cover to cover a hundred times but that does not mean you got it. His word needs to be fresh and new in us every day. We do not want to become stale Christians. You may have been raised in Sunday School as a child and been churched all your life, but that does not mean you have reached your goal in Christ Jesus.

Personally, I think once you have reached your goal in Christ Jesus, then it is time for you to go home and be with the LORD. I mean why else would He need to keep you on this earth, if you have reached your goal, and you are not striving to work for Him, and continuously do His works? I mean I am ready to go when the Lord is ready for me to go, but hey, I don't want to cut my time short just because I have sat down and quit working for Him. AMEN!

Our goal everyday should be to bring another person into the kingdom of God. Now, I know that is not easy for some of us. I am not the best at going out and witnessing to people but I try to do my witnessing through my tid-bits, or just through my character and behavior toward others. But, I have really been thinking about this lately. People have always said I could sell ice to an eskimo, well then why is it so hard for me to share my Jesus with others. I mean the Lord has really stepped on my toes about this. I sold Mary Kay and was a sales director for Mary Kay which is not an easy task to become, I mean out of 2 million ladies only 2% ever make it to be a sales director. But I believed in the product so strongly that I did not have a hard time selling it. But once that belief was diminished, I quit selling the product. So if I say I believe so strongly in the Lord Jesus Christ, why do I have a hard time sharing Him with others? It is I think because I need training in that area. And what better place to get training than from the word of God, and from Jesus Himself. AMEN! So for all you sales people out there who call yourselves Christians, how many people have you shared the Lord with today? Let me challenge you in the same way God is challenging me. When you are at a party or some sort of get together, instead of trying to sell your insurance, makeup, cars or whatever you might be selling, try talking about the Lord Jesus to them instead. AMEN. I think now of all the times I put makeup on young ladies faces, how many times I could have shared the Lord Jesus with them at the same time. HMMMM, maybe that is an avenue I need to re-visit. I mean a woman is not going to leave with her face half way made up, so I would kind of have them right where I needed them. HA! Just a thought. Oh well, back to my tid-bits, the scripture that led me to this today is in Philippans.

Phil. 3 v 12-14...Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus....

You see, Paul had gotten it, he knew that he had not reached his full potential, or his full purpose in Christ yet, and when he did, it would be time to go home. When Christ has a purpose for you in life, He is not going to take you out of this life until you have reached that purpose. It is not God's will for any of us to be removed from this earth before we have fulfilled our days. So there is your hint about your purpose, it is not how many cars you can buy, or how many homes you own or how many awards you are given, it will always be about His great works through you.
Neta

No comments: