Monday, March 17, 2008

God's Little Ones Around The World

Lately, I have heard and seen more and more about the abuse of children around the world. I know this goes on in our own country as well, but not to the extent that it happens around the world. Children being sold into slavery as sex objects. Now we can stick our heads in the sand and not listen to these reports, and say well there is nothing I can do about it. Well, that just is not true. You would be surprised how little it takes on your part together with other people partnering against these things to do some good. I am telling you, we can not as Christians keep sticking our heads in the sand, and not pay any attention to the cry of God's little ones around the world. I hear people commenting all the time about these things but very seldom do I hear anyone say they did anything to help with the situation. I challenge each of my readers today as well as myself and Rob to take a stand, to do something to help. I am asking that each of you read the email following this one so that you may see where you are able to make a contribution to help in one of three areas that are especially important to me. I will tell you how you can afford to do so. Rob and I get a coffee drink every afternoon as a pick me up sort of treat at work to finish off a long day. Well, when I realized with him spending $3 and me spending $3 each day that came out to $60 a pay period or $120. a month, or $150 if there was 5 weeks in the month. When you click on this site you will see where that money in just one month could do a tremendous amount of good in one of these three areas. (Of course once I realized we were spending that, we took a fast off of those coffee drinks.) So you see, I am sure there is an area in your life you could fast from for just a month to help in one of these fields.

1.) Drilling water wells around the world, so families can have safe drinking water
2.) Feeding the Hungry around the world
3.) Helping to build Destiny House (A house to bring children to safety from child sex rings)

All of these are through the Life Outreach Ministry, with Betty and James Robinson. Won't you please not stick your head in the sand and be a voice in one of these outreaches? You may ask why? I would have to just simply say, because God says it is what we are to do.

Matt. 19 v 14....But Jesus said,"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."...

Mark 9 v 36-37....Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, "Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.....

Mark 10 v 21.....Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.".....

Matt. 25 v 34-40...Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me." Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison and come to You?" And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."....

So you see, we have no choice but to help God's children around the world who can not help themselves. Please don't harden your hearts. Open them today and help one of the least of these He was talking about in His word.

I am going to send you in a forward from my email a weekly letter I received from James Robison Life Outreach Ministry this week and I ask that you take the time to read, and click on the site in the letter that says Destiny House and this link will bring you to the web site so that you may see the other links to the water wells and feeding the hungry. I love you each one and appreciate whatever you do to help. The only thing I get out of this is knowing that in some small way I have helped others to partner with me in partnering with this ministry to reach God's little ones.

Neta

No comments: