Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't Quench the Spirit!

Do not put the spirits fire out. Stand on faith when you pray. If you ask me to pray for you about something, be it healing or whatever, and I do not call you to see how you are doing, don't get upset thinking I do not care about your situation. It is because I care, that I am not going to call. You see, when I pray, I believe that my prayer is answered and I do not want to know what the circumstances are saying. I do not want to call, and you say, well, I am still having problems with this or that, and then I fall right in behind you saying, well I am so sorry, maybe it is just going to take a little longer, or maybe that is just the way it is going to be. NO NO NO! I am not calling because I do not want you getting mad at me when I say, well, that is not what we prayed and believed for, and that is not what the word of God says about your situation. You see, I would be walking in double mindedness, if I just say what you want to hear. In other words, if I am just trying to console your feelings. Sorry, but I am going to believe what God says, and not what you keep saying over your situation. Because if you are going to keep hanging on to your illness, or your troubles like a dog with a bone, then I am going to have to be on the other end of that bone tugging it away from you with what the word of God says, and what I believe about the situation, and I have to tell you, if I do not get tired and let go of the other end of that bone, I will win with the power and strength of God to get that bone away from you eventually. So you see, your troubles, or your healing could come a whole lot quicker if you would quit playing tug of war with God trying to pull that bone out of your mouth. In other words, He is trying to get you to quit confessing these things over yourself and start confessing the word of God over yourself. Then you would see the manifestation of your miracle. In other words when we pray together, pray believing or else you may keep tugging at that bone until finally you quench the fire of the Spirit in me over the situation, and I see that you are wanting to keep that bone to yourself instead of giving it to the Lord, and I have to let you have the bone. So think about that next time, you start complaining about your situation, know that you are still tugging on that bone.

1 Thes. 5 v 19 NIV....do not put out the Spirit's fire.......

PS 55 v 22...Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved....

So, you can either give your troubles to the Lord and let Him ease your burden, or you can cast in with the devil and continue to play tug of war with that bone and stay bound to your burden.

Neta

No comments: