Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Being Highly Favored

I love the scripture that tells us that we are highly favored by God. A perfect example of this in my life is my job. Now don't think I am bragging on myself when you read this because I am not. I did nothing to put myself in my position at work. I give God the credit for placing me where I am.

As you all know, I was praying for a particular job. Then when I got hired, I was not placed in the job or with the schedule I had prayed for. I was becoming very disgruntled about the whole situation. So I prayed about it, and God showed me that I settled for something that was not what I had prayed and believed Him for. So, I turned in my resignation. My supervisor asked me what would it take to keep me and I told him, to place me in the job I interviewed for and had applied for with the schedule that I was told would be my schedule and to pay me what I was qualified for. He said OK, start Monday morning, and I will talk to personnel about the pay. So I started the next week in the job I had originally applied for. Now just to show you what it means to be highly favored by God, He will show favor on you above others when you trust in Him. I not only started working the days of the schedule I applied for, but also the same exact hours as Rob, and we get to have lunch together every day. But, my supervisor likes how well I do my job, that now, I am in my own little office space, with a new phone, a new computer, and he wants to keep me here. No weekends, No Holidays, No bouncing around hours. You see, I knew God had told me this job was mine, but I had no idea, how much favor He was going to show on me. I kept saying when I applied for the job, that the job was mine because I was a highly favored child of God, and I believed it, I just didn't dare think how great the job would be. We always try to put limits on what God can do for us in our lives. When will we ever get it, that He wants us to be prosperous with everything we set our hands to, like the word says?

Joshua 1 v 8....This Book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.....


But then you know we have to do our part also. We have to have faith. You see, I had let my certification expire because I really had no intention of ever working in the Pharmacy again, but when I applied for this job, I knew I could do so much better if I had the right certifications, so I stepped out on faith and paid the money and sat for the exam again so that I would be prepared when they called and offered me the job. Some people might would have said, why don't you just wait until you see if you get the job first? Where would the faith be in that? I believed the job was mine when I prayed for it. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

So if you have something in your life you are believing God for, don't grow weary and give up, stand fast and believe holding on to your faith and what the word says about your situation and He will be true to His word and bring you through. When you know the Lord's voice and you know what He said was yours, then hang in there and believe that God will make sure that you end up where you are suppose to be. You may have to go through one door or one season to get to the right spot. Some times the path we take is not one we would have chosen for ourself, but maybe we need to practice a part of our walk with the LORD that we are not very sufficient in. But God is faithful in getting you where it is you belong.

2 Sam. 22 v 37....You enlarged my path under me; so my feet did not slip....

Luke 6 v 27-31..."But I say to you who hear; Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him, who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise....

I was having a really tough time working with the people in the first job location. They were very overworked and understaffed and were determined they were not going to train me, since I was only going to be there temporarily. They said they did not want to waste their time training someone who would be leaving in 6 months and then they would have to start all over again. I could understand where they were coming from, but that was still no cause to take it out on me when I was just trying to help them. I could have really gotten mad and treated them the same way, but everyday, before Rob and I would go into work, we would read our devotional, read the word and then pray that the Lord would bless our co-workers, and fill our hearts with so much love that no matter what they threw at us, our flesh would have to check with our hearts first and see what the word says about our reaction and with our hearts being filled with love, we would have to act accordingly. We would pray that the Lord would give us strength to walk in the Light of Jesus and the Love of Jesus toward everyone we came in contact with. And I have to say, some days, that is what it took to get me through. I said, Lord, I am always praying that you teach me to walk in the love of Jesus, and then as soon as you give me the opportunity, I want to high tail it out of the situation, because I think it is too hard to love someone who doesn't particularly like me. What a wusss!! And then one day, I woke up to the fact, that I was giving up on my mission to walk in love and practice what I write about all the time in my tid-bits, how God says we are to walk in Love toward our neighbors. And I was ready to throw in the towel after the first week with these women. So, I first went to the LORD in prayer and repented for my dis-obedience in walking in love, and asked for His forgiveness. I told Him, I did not want to fail the chance He had given me to learn to walk in love. So, determined, I went in with a different attitude and told them I wanted to be a part of their team, I wanted to help them in whatever ways I could while I was there with them. I wanted to make their jobs as easy as I could. And then I hugged each one of them, and I meant it with all my heart, and it was like a dense fog lifted off the room, and everyone could see each other clearly for the first time. There was peace in the house. Hallelujah! And then I prayed and asked the Lord, is this where I am suppose to be even though I did not pray for this particular job, and He said no, this is not where I promised you. So hence the letter of resignation and then the manifestation of the job God had promised me came about. You see when you are obedient to what the Lord tells you, He will bless you above what even you can imagine. HALLELUJAH~!!!!!!

PS 5 11-12.... But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.....

So you see, if you are obedient to God's word, if you have faith and pray believing that what you are praying for is yours, if you walk in LOVE toward your neighbor, and put your trust in the LORD, then you too will be highly favored by God. HALLELUJAH~!!!!!

Neta

No comments: