Tuesday, August 31, 2010

His Face Or His Hands

When you seek God, are you seeking His face or His hands? Are you seeking His presence or what He can give you or what He can do for you? When you pray do you pray something like this, Lord I need this or that, and I would like to go here or there, or do you pray something like this, Lord, I love you and I praise you, Lord I want to feel your presence, come Holy Spirit fill me with your presence, Lord I want to see your face, I want to feel your touch, thank you Lord for loving me, thank you Lord for your presence?

When you think of God, do you think of Him as this big, giant huge God who can do anything, where there is nothing to big for Him to handle, this big God who created the entire universe? Or do you think of Him as a loving Father, your Daddy who wants to give you, His little princess or little buddy anything that he/she desires or needs?

God wants true fellowship with us. He wants us to come to Him praising and giving thanks not just whenever we need something from Him. He wants to hear from us daily, not just when we need help. Do you only ever call your parent when you just want something or need something from them, or do you call them just because, to check in to see how they are, what they have been doing, just to say I love you, just to chit chat, just to fellowship with them?

God is our heavenly Father and He is not just sitting up there in heaven waiting to jump into action everytime we need Him to make something happen for us. No, He is waiting for our fellowship, waiting for us to respond to His love for us, waiting to hear praise and worship from us.

Here are some scriptures of how when we seek His presence, His hands supply our every need. AMEN!

PS 16 v 8-9....I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope......

Ps 16 v 11.....You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore....

Whatever we might need is always there for the asking, but even better than that, He, our Father is always there to love us right where we are, to hold us in His wings, to comfort us, to give us rest and peace. When we find this rest and peace in Him, then all other things will be added unto us.

Matt. 6 v 33....But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteouness, and all these things shall be added unto you...

Matt. 11 v 28...Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.....

2 Cor. 13 v 11....Finally brethren, farewell, become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.....

To be complete, is to be in Christ Jesus. Those who are in Christ, have a wholeness, they are complete. This means that we have peace, rest, divine health and assurance that our Father in heaven is waiting for us to come to Him and to let Him love us the same way He first loved Jesus.

Next time you go to Him in prayer, first go with your worship, and adoration of who He is. Go to Him as your loving Father who wants to love on you, and then He will see your needs and fulfill them. Nothing is hidden from God. He sees down into the deepest part of your heart.

Remember He first loved us, not the other way around. He loved us before we ever thought of ourselves as being worthy of His love, and His love is available to us at all times, 24/7. We can't use up that love. He is not a magic genie who will only give us 3 wishes and then go away. No He is never ending, He is forever, He is our "abba" (daddy) Father whose love will never cease. Seek His face and then His hands will fulfill. AMEN!

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: