Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Could It Be The First Communion

This past week end we were able to visit our family, and have a Christmas get together with all of the family. There were alot of family members there and it was nice to be able to just sit around and visit with each other. That is what Christmas is all about. Being with family.

Afterwards, my brother in law asked me to speak at his church and so the LORD gave me a message on "The Real Christmas Story".

While reading and preparing the message I looked up the meaning of manger. We all know the story of the Christ Child being placed in the manger.

Luke 2 v 6-7....So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.......

The definition of manger is food trough, a stone or wooden box used to feed stable animals and also the wild animals in nature reserves. The word comes from the french word manger meaning "to eat" and from the latin word manducare meaning "to chew".

There just seem to be so much more to where I was trying to go with the word manger. God was trying to show me more. I could not quite put my finger on it, until after my message and my brother in law was getting the same thing from God. When we take communion, we partake of his body and blood that was sacrificed for us.

Can you see the significance of our Savior being placed in a food trough from the first moment He was born. Even then, He came to feed us through His body and blood. And then my brother in law brought up another point, that the manger is also used in the wild to feed the wild animals. So the next time you take communion, remember the first communion when Christ came to save the whole world, not just some of us. AMEN!

No matter where you are in your life, you too can be a part of the body of Christ through His forgiveness.

God Bless you all this Christmas. AMEN!

No comments: