Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why Do We Rise Early To Pray?





This old world is so full of junk, and evil, that we need to rise early and start our day off with the LORD, before we are attacked by the things of the world. All through out the word, we read where people would rise early to worship the Lord, to pray for strength, or whatever needs they may have had. For me, it helps to put me in the spirit of the Lord and not the spirit of the world and of the flesh. It seems when I start my day with the Lord, everything seems to be more at peace and easier to handle throughout the day.

PS 5 vs 1-3...Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, for to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up....
PS 5 vs 8...Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face....

PS 5 vs 11-12..But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield...

Do you see all the good in these verses about what happens when you start your day off with trusting in Him. He will lead you in the right directions, He will keep your enemies at bay, He will make straight His way to you, He will defend you against the evils of the world, and surround you with His favor. Think about that for just a minute. When you start out this way, you are walking in His presence, in His midst, you are favored above others. This could be especially good, when you are needing His help in a situation, such as looking for a job, or applying for a loan to buy a new house, maybe needing a good report for a health check up or going into some sort of surgery or just whatever it is that you need favor in. And not just any favor, but the favor of God. It doesn't get any better than that.

So doesn't it make sense to start your day off with lifting your voices to Him in praise and prayer?

PS 88 v 13...But to You I have cried out, O Lord, and in the morning my prayer comes before You...

PS 92 vs 1-2...It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your loving-kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night...

So let us each one arise early and start our day with the Lord. Let's make this a habit and then watch the enemy flee before he can even get started good on trying to foul up our day.

Neta

No comments: