Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Tid-Bit Of Time


As I was reading my bible this morning, I just stopped to thank the Lord for all the time we have spent with Him in His word since starting this TV fast. And it came to my attention, that before I was only giving Him a tid-bit of my time. Hence the name God's tid-bits to me. Now I get so much more from Him each day, that most of my tid-bits are coming to me a week before you get them. He gives me sometimes 3 or 4 in one day. But I continue to feed them back to you one day at a time. So when you say wow, that was really a word for me today, that is just confirmation of the word He gave me 3 or 4 days earlier. God Is So Good!
Rob and I have really grown since starting this fast. When he gets home from work, we eat supper and then get right into the word of God. Then we go into prayer for all those that have asked us to pray for them, and then also for those who have not asked. Then we pray in the Spirit until we go to bed. Praying for whatever God knows we need to pray for, but we do not. Our Spirit prays out to the Father in His understanding and not ours. We feel so blessed each night before we go to sleep.
Our entire home is like a new place, as we feel refreshed and renewed. You can feel the Spirit of God everywhere. It reminds me of Spring cleaning and Fall clean up. Everything seems fresh and new.
PS 51 vs 10-11...Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me....
This scripture says it all. I can honestly say, since doing this fast that I always feel His Spirit about me. Rob says the same for him.
We didn't really think we were watching anything too bad on TV, (CSI shows, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, the new series Cane) but when you really take a good look at what we were watching, you have, lots of violence, adultery, sex, ghostly spirits, and really sick minds and did I say lots of violence?
Well, you know what they say, what goes up must come down, well it is also said that what you feed into your spirit has to come out at some time or other. Maybe you have problems sleeping at night, maybe you are always suspicious of others, maybe you get startled easily. These evil spirits will try to live in you for as long as they can, so that they can corrupt your minds. This is how the enemy gets a foothold into your heart. The more you watch the more you feed them. You may say, Oh, it is not hurting anything by watching those shows. Well, I do not know about you, but I have been set free from that lie of the enemy, once we started this Fast from TV.
We have both said, how we can just feel our bodies being healed and energized with so much positive and not all that negative junk we were seeing on TV. Because, really if you think about it, everything we were watching was negative in some way.
We have already decided that we will probably keep our fast going past the 21 days that we committed to the Lord. Why give up a good thing?
You know the health experts tell us we should do a cleanse and a fast at least twice a year to clean all the impurities out of our bodies. Well, I think we should include things of this world in that fast, ie. TV, some movies, some novels. I mean if we really wanted to cleanse our entire body, including our minds, our hearts in other words our spirit.
Check and see if it is time for you to do some spring cleaning around your spirit man's house, and let God create a clean and renewed spirit in you.


Neta

No comments: