Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can You Feel Your Calling From the Lord?




Have you felt your calling from the Lord? Do you know what it is that God wants you to do for His Kingdom? After getting closer to Him over these past few weeks, I have finally found the direction God is leading me. While listening to Rob read the word to me one night, I was thinking how calming it was to sit and listen to the word of God being read. I immediately thought of a friend back home whose brother in law is in a coma like state, and how maybe if someone could just gently, softly read to him out of the book of 1 John, and then out of the book of John, I feel his spirit would rise up in him and give him peace so that he may be healed. This brought to my mind how many people are not able to hear the word of God, because they are shut ins with no one to read to them, maybe they are like this young man in a state that they can not physically ask someone to read to them. Maybe they can not see well enough to read, or maybe they are blind. Whatever the reason, I just thought what a good ministry in itself to go out and read the word of God to others. Not to go out to preach, but just to go out and bring the word of God to those who are unable to get it elsewhere. As a child and growing up I read all the time. Reading was one of my favorite past times. Then for a brief time that I belonged to the Catholic church, I was a lector. (One of the people who get up to read the word before each Mass). God was preparing me to read before large groups of people. And now God has led me to this scripture in Luke.

LUKE 4 vs 18-19..."The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD."...

This was Jesus speaking of Himself. But I feel the Lord is saying this is to be all of our callings as Christians, to make sure the gospel is brought to the poor, people being healed, freedom from oppression. We may not all be called to be ministers, pastors, teachers, etc. But we can most of us all read. We can share the word of God. And I believe we are all called to be evangelist for Christ. The word evangelist simply means to be excited, to plead your cause, to incite others to believe, to be an advocate for a cause. We should all be excited about the word of God and want others to hear and be just as excited to hear the good news, (The Gospel.) If we can not take the word ourself in person then I believe it is our job to make sure we support those who do, so that there is no reason for the word not to be carried throughout the world due to lack of funds. Get hooked up with a mission that takes the word of God to those who can not get it otherwise and know that it is the same as you bringing it to them personally. That should bring you a blessing just knowing you are working in God's kingdom.

Pray for me, as I follow in the Lord's direction to start a bible reading ministry. And I likewise will pray for each of you, that the Lord put on your heart a calling or a mission to help support and get His word carried forth.

Neta

No comments: