Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quiet Please

Sometimes we just need to get quiet and listen to the LORD speak to us. We always want to carry on a two way conversation which is in our nature, but sometimes He just wants us to sit and listen. I feel that is why my internet has been temporarily out. God needs me to be still and quiet and listen to Him for a while. The only problem is, is that while we have been in this constant turmoil over this house situation, (that is another story, but Praise the LORD, things are turning around) I have spent so much wasted time fretting and worrying over things, (yes I am guilty of doing what the LORD tells me not to do,) that I have gotten off my scheduled time with the LORD. You know we worry so much about missing appointments with others, like getting our hair done, going to the dentist or the doctor, but yet we think nothing of missing our appointment time with the LORD each day. I have been so busy with my new job, that I have really gotten out of balance. Yes, we must have a balance each day. We all have 24 hours in a day. How much of that time is your appointment time with the LORD? When was the last time you got still and quiet and just listened to Him talk to you, instead of you trying to talk back?

Not only do I miss my time spent with the LORD, but I am sure that He misses me also. You see, He loves us so much that when we do not show up for our appointment, He is saddened. Don't make the same mistakes I have made. Keep your appointment time with the LORD. He will rejoice when you come to Him.

Yes, I did finally get hold of the scripture, telling me what I needed to do. I am sure you all know it as well.

1 PET. 5 v 6-7...."Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of GOD, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon HIM, for He cares for you.......

Missed Ya'll.
RTB.....1 COR. 10-12

No comments: