Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't Be Disqualified

Have you ever went to church and your listening to every word your pastor is saying, because you feel like he is looking straight at you, and everything he is saying is true about you. Come on, I know I am not the only one who gets their toes stepped on.

Well, last week, was like that for me. I am like, wow, he must have been hiding in my prayer closet, cause everything he said hit me right on. He was talking about becoming disqualified. Well sort of! He was saying when God calls us to do something, and then we do it for a while and then we sort of just drift off in our own directions, like missing a Sunday here and there, or not getting any extra teaching, like from special programs your church or maybe someone else is holding, or not attending every chance you get to be fed the word of God. Or like I was talking yesterday about missing your appointed time with God. Oh, you start sleeping in just a little later, and then the next thing you know, you just don't even show up anymore. But then, you go to church on Sunday, go preaching to everyone you know the rest of the week, and you have not yourself been living up to what your preaching.

Sort of like, how do people see you? Do they see you as the person you are preaching about? Are you the person you really want them to see, through your actions, your language?

We do not want to become disqualified for the thing we want to hear most from our heavenly Father. "Well done, good and faithful servant" That is the prize we should all be shooting for. That is the goal I want to reach. Oh yeh, I have my other goals, like losing 30 pds, and staying wrinkle free, so far I haven't reached either of those, but my most important goal in life, is to be the kind of servant, Jesus would have me to be. One who does not disqualify himself by living the world's way, instead of living by His teachings.

1 Cor. 9 v 24-27....Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one recieves the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.........

Don't just throw words around in the air at others. Listen to what you are being taught and notice how you are teaching others.

RTB 1 Cor. 13-16

Neta

No comments: