Monday, May 18, 2009

For What Purpose

Most of us have all read the book or did a bible study with the book by Rick Warren, "Purpose Driven Life". If you haven't, you should read it. Last week, we talked about being on purpose with our giving. And not just our giving of our tithes and offerings, but our giving of ourselves and our attitudes toward others.

But now, let's talk about for what purpose did God create you? Have you found your purpose. He knows what it is, but do you know yet? Most of you are probably already doing your purpose everyday and do not even realize it. Just like me, with this ministry of the tid-bits. I was always praying, LORD, just tell me what it is I can do for you and your kingdom, and the whole while I was already doing it.

We had a guest speaker Sunday at church and He was talking about "Order and Purpose". He was saying how even in the beginning when God created the stars, and the moon and the sun and the earth, how each one serves a purpose in our solar system, but how they each also have their own individual purpose. Then how He created horses, and how many different types of horses there are, and how each one has a specific purpose, like running a race, pulling a wagon, herding cattle, etc. If God gave these things a purpose, then how much more so, did He give you purpose and order.

Sometimes, some of us may find our purpose but be out of order with it. In other words, we may know what our purpose is, but we can't seem to make it fit in our order of doing things. Well, number one that is where we go wrong. Trying to fit God's purpose in our lives, into our way of doing things, and making it easy for ourselves without any sacrifice. There will always be some sacrifice with working for the kingdom. We will have to give up something to do His will and not our own will. No, we are not all going to be matyrs, but we usually do give up time to do our work, or maybe even some friendships that do not always line up with what the LORD has in mind for us.

For instance, when I decided to follow the LORD, some of the friendships I was keeping in my old days, had to be dissolved. Not because they were bad people, but because they were not going to change their lifestyles and my new lifestyle and theirs did not work together. So we eventually just drift apart. That is not to say, that I do not still love those people and pray for those people, I just do not hang out in the same places with those people any longer.

It is sort of like, the earth is not going to move right up next to the sun because it would be out of order, and then there are consequences for being out of order. For one, we would all melt, or explode or something. At any rate, the earth is going to do just as the LORD created it to do. There are no surprises for Him. He knows just what you are going to do, just like He knows just that the earth is going to rotate on its axis and spin and revolve around the sun. That is how we have day and night.

My prayer for each of you today, is that you would get quiet and still long enough with the LORD to find your purpose and put it in order with the LORD's will for you in your life. AMEN!

Jeremiah 1 v 5...."Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Jeremiah1 v 9-10....Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me: "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms. To root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant.".....

You see, the LORD knows what He is doing, we just need to remember to shut our mouths and listen to what He is saying we can do. Sometimes, our mouths keep us from achieving God's purpose in our lives.

RTB....2 COR. 4-6

No comments: