Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Artist's Eye

If you were having your portrait painted, what would the artist see? Would they see the real you? If the artist wanted to look into your heart and paint what He saw, would it be different from what He sees on the outside?

When we look at people what do we see? Do we see the real person or just the person they want us to see? What is your first thought when you see a scraggly bearded, dirty torn clothes, person? Do you want to turn your head real quick like and hope He doesn't notice you, so that He won't ask you for anything?

I wonder how many times we have turned our heads away from Jesus? You see Jesus, says, when you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto Me.

Matt. 25 v 40....and the King (Jesus) will answer and say to them, "Assuredly , I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me"...

Matt. 25 v 45...Then He will answer them, saying, "Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me."......

If you were going to paint your co-worker's portrait, how would you paint them? Would you paint them as this beautiful person who is always willling to help anyone who needs help, regardless if that is their job duty that day or not? Or would paint a mean spirited face, that never has a nice word to say? Well, what if the beautiful person you painted, was someone who was abusive to their family members, or the mean spirited person was dealing with a hard relationship or terminal illness?

You see my point is we are only shown on the outside what that person wants us to see. So before you pick up your paint brush, take some time to listen to that person, and get to know that person a little better, or else we may be painting the wrong picture. When we gossip about another person we are painting a picture of that person to the one we are talking to. Are we sure we are painting the right picture? Have we got the lighting right? Have we checked the light in that person, by looking into their heart? Or are we just painting a surface picture?

We could all read 1 Cor. 13 over and over again. I have to be honest and say, I do not obey those scriptures all the time. But my goal is to try to get it right.

If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Mine would be to not be so much like a chamellion, I change with the people I am surrounded by. Like a chamellion changes his colors, I change my attitude sometimes. I pick up the attitude of who is around me and that is not always a good thing. I begin to act out of my flesh instead of letting what is in my heart come out. I am a work in progress, and will be until I go home to be with the LORD.

1 Cor. 13 v 4-8a....Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails..........

What sort of picture is the Artist painting of you?
The Artist being, Jesus!

RTB....1 Sam. 16-18

No comments: