Friday, March 13, 2009

We Never Know When Seeds Will Grow

When we go through out our lives each day planting seeds for the kingdom of God, we never know when one may grow. We have no idea who might be the person to come behind us and reap that which we had sown maybe just yesterday, maybe twenty years before. We can not grow weary in our sowing just because we may not see immediate results. I myself, was not an immediate result. There were a lot of seeds sown in my life, many many years before I became a Christian. There were quite a few people who tossed me off as a lost cause, but then there were the true diligent Christians who knew that Jesus would have His way with me. They stayed faithful to praying for me each day. I am so glad that they did not give up on me, and I know it is because of their faith they knew Jesus would not give up on me. People who just meet me now, think, 'oh you could never have been bad', some are not ready to hear my story, and some need to hear my story to know that they themselves can have the same JOY I have, and that they are not a lost cause. They may be lost, but they can find their way in Jesus, just like I did. AMEN!

Jesus tells us to keep sowing, that we will reap that which we have not labored, but where others have gone before us and labored.

John 4 v 37-38....".For in this the saying is true. 'One sows and another reaps.' I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors.".......

We do not know where someone may have planted a seed, and then we come along and water it, or nourish it with love and compassion, and the word of GOD. You never know when there might be a tiny seed trying to break through that tough, hardened ground. All it needs is a little crack in the surface to spring forth, toward the light so that it might grow to be a strong tree. We all need the light to grow. No matter how long we have been saved, no matter how studied we might be in the word, without the LIGHT we will die. Keep gently tilling the soil with fervent prayer for that person and the seed will find it's way to the surface. Amen!

When we go outside into the sun, we absorb vitamins from the sun, mostly absorbed through our eyes. This is the vitamins that help us to keep our seritonin levels up, so that we do not get depressed. They say the eyes are the window to your soul. The same is true with the SON, we receive the light we need to stay alive, and full of JOY, and know where to find peace and comfort when darkness or depression try to overtake us. That which is down in our souls comes forth and gives us comfort. AMEN.

John 14 v 26-27...."But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."....

Remember, the Light is within you, don't hide it, don't cover the light. Let it shine through you and in you. And let it shine on others so that those hidden seeds might spring forth. Just like the pretty bulbs bloom in the Spring, watch and see what comes forth from your sowing and reaping.

RTB...Numbers 34-36
Saturday John 1-3
Sunday John 4-6

No comments: