Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank You Lord For Christian Friends

Do you ever just stop to thank the LORD for your Christian friends? I think we should have a day that is Christian Friend Day. A day when Christians come together and say, this is the day that the LORD has made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it each time you see another Christian at school, or in the workplace, etc. Why should we as Christians be silent?

I was thinking about something yesterday, about how a lot of my co-workers bring their books to work to read on their break times and at lunch time. Then they share with each other the stories they are reading, and then they might share their books with each other. Why don't we as Christians bring our book to work with us, and share the stories out of there. Put a different cover over your book, then when someone asks what are you reading, share with them one of the thrilling stories from the word of GOD. Don't preach religion, just share the stories. Jesus used stories all through the gospels to teach his disciples. We can use those same great stories in a loving way like Jesus did.

I thank GOD for the Christian co-workers. One friend brought me in check yesterday, when I was getting caught up in my flesh, by something someone had said to me. She said, "you got your shield up, right?" That struck me like a baseball bat on the back of the head. It made me stop and realize who I was dealing with. I wasn't dealing with this person, I wasn't dealing with flesh and blood, but with the principalities of darkness. I was dealing with evil itself using this person as a vessel to get to me. I have been praying for this person, for joy to be put into their heart, and I have also been praying for the HOLY SPIRIT to run the evil spirits out of our hospital and out of our department.

Well, when you start praying against the spirits of darkness, you better be ready for battle. You better have your shield up, you better have your sword, you better have your full armor of GOD on, and it better fit right. You can't go off what someone else has a revelation of, you have to fight your own spiritual battles with the armor of GOD that fits you. In other words, you have to know what the word says about your problem. What GOD has spoken to you.

And then remember to pray for the vessel (the person) the enemy is using to get to you. They need your prayer most of all. They have no control over what the enemy does. But you have control, because Jesus has already defeated that enemy, you just need to put on your armor and walk in that VICTORY. AMEN!

I know we had this passage of scripture just lately, but I for one need it again this week.

Ephes. 6 10-19.....Finally my brethren, be strong in the LORD and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. Stand therefore with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GOD; praying always in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints, and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak......

When people call you names, and talk about you, or try to do things to hurt you, put up that shield of faith, and know that Jesus has already won this fight. You do not have to respond in likeness to that person. Your battle has already been won. The Victory is yours, if you will just let your faith in the LORD, take care of this battle. We sometimes want to fight our own battles, like we think Jesus can't handle it, or we can do a better job. Jesus says, all we have to do, is believe and then walk in love. If we will walk in love toward each other, all other battles will succomb to the power of the LORD. AMEN!

And when this scripture talks about speaking boldly, it is not telling you to boldly confront that person, it is telling you to speak boldly to those spirits. Know that you have the Victory, and tell those spirits to leave you alone and be gone in the name of JESUS. Don't let the enemy sit on your shoulder all day, fuming you up with the way the flesh would react, but knock him off and put him under your feet where he belongs, and stand tall in your VICTORY you have through Christ JESUS. AMEN!

Thank you my Christian Friend who helped me to see this yesterday. Thank you for reminding me who I am in Christ.

RTB....Deut. 19-21
Sat.....22-24
SUN...25-27

No comments: