Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Have You Really Changed?

Have you really changed your lifestyle? Are you really living a Christ-like life? When this question comes up, I immediately think of all the things I need to change to be able to give truthfully a yes answer to that question. Probably all of us are thinking this way. We are not perfect and we will continue to make mistakes. But if we learn from those mistakes and make a change in our lives in that area, then we can say honestly, yes, I am trying to be more Christ-like. Once we become Christians, people start looking at us with a microscope. They are just waiting for us to mess up in some area, so they can say, Aha!!! I knew you were a fake. We are going to have trials and tribulations as Christians, but as long as we remember who to blame and Who not to blame, then we will come out on top.

1 Pet. 4 vs 2-4...that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you...

Our friends that we ran with before we became Christians do not understand what has happened to us. They can not see why we do not want the same things they do any longer, why we do not want to party with them and hang out in the same places with them any longer. They think something is wrong with us now. (Not them, but us) Isn't that funny how they think we are the crazy ones, because now we want to be good, to do good toward others and to just love everyone. It is sort of ironic, when you think about it. I mean, have you ever seen a drunk? I can say this, because I was one for a long time. When I think back on some of the stupid things I said, and did while drinking, I am embarrassed for myself. The only people who could have believed some of the stuff I said, had to be just as drunk as I was. Really, we do say some pretty stupid stuff when we are drunk. Can you imagine wanting to stay in that mindset for the rest of your life? I am so thankful, that I was delivered out of that life style.

1 Pet 2 v 9 KJV....but we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light....

The word tells us that we are going to be thought of as a peculiar people. That is alright by me. I would rather be thought of as peculiar for believing in Christ and trying to live a Christ-like life than to be thought of as that drunk I used to be. I want to sing praises to the Lord for delivering me out of my old ways. I am happy now to crucify my flesh and die to my old ways and live for Him.

Jeremiah 29 vs 11...For I know the thoughts that I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope...

Only good comes from the Lord, not evil. You see that verse above says the people of your past will think we are strange, but that is ok. For the Lord says, He has chosen you and His thoughts for you, are for you to have a future and a hope. You too, if you are in this boat I was in or some other similar boat with holes in it that is not going anywhere, can have this hope and this future and peace. He has chosen you also, you just need now to choose Him, and to die to your old ways and re-new your mind with His ways.

Neta

No comments: