Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trust In Him & Be Debt Free

If we would just stand on our faith and trust in God to do what His word says He will do, we would all live debt free. No one would be making millions off of our interest we pay out on credit cards each month. My eartly father never charged anything. If he did not have cash to pay for it, he didn't get it until he did. He paid cash for everything. He tried so hard to instill that in me but somewhere down the line I ignored that teaching and now find myself as one of those who is helping someone else get rich off my interest each month.

Well not anymore, today God showed me in His word where I have failed in getting His truth about credit cards.

When we charge something on a credit card because we do not have the money to buy it, we might as well be telling God, sorry, Lord but I will have to use this card because this is too big of a purchase for you to take care of. You do not have the capability of helping me to get this, I will just have to put my faith and trust in these credit card lenders instead of you.

WOW! How many people reading this, did that hit home with? How many of you have told God, that the credit card people are more capable of giving us what we need than He is? How many of us have actually called God a liar, everytime we charge something so we can have it now, instead of waiting on God to supply. I mean that is basically what we are doing. AMEN!

Yet He still loves us, even as stupid as we are when it comes to putting our trust and faith in something or someone else instead of Him. AMEN!

Phil 4 v 19....and my God shall supply all of your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....

According to whose riches in glory? Who is more rich than God? Who has more than the One who created it all to start with? HELLO!

I know you are saying but what about what we want not just neccessarily what we need? Glad you asked.

PS 37 v 3-4....Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart....

There it is, the desires of your heart, not just your needs. AMEN!

In case you didn't get it!

Prov. 10 v 22....The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.....

How many of you know with credit card debt you have nothing but sorrow after the new wears off? AMEN!

Still haven't gotten it? Try my favorite scripture.

Mal. 3 v 10....Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this (in other words He is saying "I dare you to try this") says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to contain it.....

So now, I encourage all of you to cut up those credit cards, and not to ever buy anything else that you can not afford which means if you do not have the cash to pay for it then, wait until you do. And make sure you pray about something before you purchase it, make sure you seek God and His wisdom first. If God wants you to have it, He will supply it. AMEN!

James 1 v 5....If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.....

HALLELUJAH!
Let us all claim that we are debt free in 2010. Seek God and let Him deliver you from the snares of the devil and his creditors. AMEN!

PS 40 v 13.....Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!

This should be our prayer each day as we ask the LORD to help us to become debt free, and to forgive us for the sin of greed, and forgive our lack of faith, that we would put our trust in the credit cards instead of Him to supply our every want and need. AMEN!

Remember when you say credit instead of debit you are calling God a liar, and misplacing your faith and trust.

Stay in the WORD!

No comments: