Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father Knows Best

Do you remember that TV show? I may be aging myself here, but that is ok. That was one of the good shows your kids could watch without violence or sex or drugs. The title reminds me that our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. Oh, sure sometimes we think we know what is best, but if we would first seek Him and His word, we would truly see what is in our best interest.

Do you have a problem you are dealing with? Are you having troubles with your finances, your health, your relationships? Look to the word and see what your Father has to say about it. My earthly father has gone home to be with the LORD, so I do not have him to go to any longer, of course I have my father in law, who is wonderful and wise in many things, but still my Heavenly Father knows what is best for me.

We have a day every year we celebrate our earthly fathers. Why not have a special time each day for your heavenly Father? If we would seek His wisdom first thing every morning, before we do anything, before we make any decisions, we would have a much more productive day I am sure.

Matthew 6 v 31-33....Therefore do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat? or What shall we we drink, or What shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.....

James 1 v 5....If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, (Your Heavenly Father) who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.....

Prov. 2 v 1-6....My son, if you receive My words, and treasure My commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; Yes if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding.......

Go to your heavenly Father and ask Him for some advice, and I promise He will not steer you wrong.

RTB....1 Chron. 19-21...

No comments: