Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Are You Ready

When you are faced with a sickness, and the doctor tells you it is fatal, do you start immediately thinking, Oh Lord, you are ready for me to come home? Well, stop it, I read in my devotional once how if God had His way, He would not call you home until you are ready.

Have you ever seen or read stories of how when the American Indian gets ready to die, (usually when they are so old they can not go another step) they say it is a good day to die. They prepare themselves for their transition into the next world. (Hopefully that next world being heaven).

We should be the same way, we should never even entertain the thought of death until we are ready to go home to be with the LORD. Now some of you are thinking, I am ready right now to go be with the LORD, well, that is very admirable of you, but are you really? Say you are someone who just got married, and you have your lives ahead of you, planning a family, do you think God wants you to give up on that because some doctor tells you, you are dying? I don't think so.

I am not saying that we as Christians have not given our hearts to the LORD completely that when our time does come, we will willingly go. But, what if it is not really our time? What if, we just threw in the towel and gave up because of some report? Some lie of the devil that was fed to us. Satan is crafty. He will try his best to put doubts in your mind, so that you then get them into your heart. DON"T LISTEN TO HIM!!! When he tells you that you do not have the strength to fight, say, I have the strength of the LORD in me, and He has already won this battle. When he tries to tell you it is your time, and you are still young in your heart, tell him, I know the plans the LORD has for me, and they do not include premature death. HALLELUJAH!!

Remember who you are in CHRIST!

2 Tim 4 v 6-7....For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.....

Paul was ready.

PS 91 v 14-16....Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation....

God says when you set you love upon Him, He will satisfy you with long life. AMEN!

JOB 5 v 26-27....You shall come to the grave at a full age, as a sheaf of grain ripens in its season. Behold, this we have searched out; it is true. Hear it, and know for yourself.....

Job was whining and wanting to die, and it was not yet his time, and God got angry with him and was chastising him for his thoughts.

Deut. 34 v 7...Moses was one hundred twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.....

Moses, like the old Indian Chief, went on over to the mountain and was ready to die and prepared his heart.

Go ahead, plan a long and fulfilled life of joy and happiness, with an abundance of blessings from the LORD. He wants you to.

RTB.....1 Kings 7-9....

No comments: