Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is God Still Tilling Your Soil

God is still tilling away at my soil. He is trying to get it right. He wants me to have good ground to bear good fruit. But, He sure is finding a lot of rocks in my soil. As I was looking at the mountain side that we are planning on moving to, I was thinking about all the rocks in the ground and how nothing can grow in that ground. If you want any flowers or a vegetable garden, you will have to build a raised bed with amended soil, so that you can bear good things.

We are always reading the one scripture about the soil and the seeds sown on stony ground, or by the way side and etc. What about the seeds that we sow into our own soils. How are we tending our own gardens? We are always ready to help work in someone else's garden but how is our own garden fairing?

I have learned this past few weeks at work, being out among others again, that GOD is still tilling my garden. He is still trying to remove the rocks of judgement, the rocks of impatience, the rocks of condemnation, the rocks of suspicion, the rocks of untrust toward others. You see, I am just being honest. My garden is like that mountain side, full of rocks and hard clay. But that is oik, I will stay in the word, stay in His presence, and let Him till my ground until He and I together get it right. There is a lot of pruning to be done, and sometimes pruning can be painful, but I would rather had the bad pruned out, than to let it destroy the rest of my garden.

Matt. 22 v 37....Jesus said to him, " You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.".......

Can you honestly say that you love your neighbor, (who is everyone else) just like you love yourself? Do you love them unconditionally, no matter what they say or do to you? If not, then your garden needs more tilling. If not, then there are still rocks in your garden that need to be thrown out. Don't let the rocks and the weeds of this world get in your way of getting your own soil right. Remember, we need to take care of our own gardens before we can help work in others. AMEN!

Lord, I know one day, I shall have a beautiful garden with many fruits. Thank you LORD, for pruning me today, and tilling my soil and showing me where the rocks are and allowing me to pull them out and work in the garden with you. AMEN!

RTB...Mon....Lev. 10-12
....Tues...Lev 13-15

No comments: