Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do You Have Ears To Hear

How many times in the word of GOD does it say he who has ears to hear, let him hear? Have you ever wondered what that saying means? Well, I think it means that once you become a Christian and you accept Christ you are given wisdom and discernment over the word of GOD. You are given an insight to what Jesus is saying. For me, myself, I know before I became a Christian, I had a hard time reading and understanding the word of God. Oh, sure , I could read it, and know what was going on, but there was always something missing. I would get bored with it. But once I became a Christian, it was like a whole different book I was reading. Instead of just reading a book, I was actually hearing the word of God being spoken to me. The word became a living, breathing substance to me. Something that I can not live without. Like bread and water, I need the word to survive. AMEN!

Jesus used a lot of parables when He was talking, and He says it is so that those who can hear will hear, and those that do not hear will not understand unless their sins are forgiven them. In other words, I believe He is telling us here, that in order to hear GOD speaking you have to have asked the LORD for forgiveness over your sins and accepted Jesus as your Savior. You see, any scholar can read the word of GOD and use logical thinking to tell you what it means. But the real truth, the real story is in the hearing of the word of GOD. Hearing GOD speak to you personally. That comes by first being forgiven of your sins and accepting the gift GOD gave us all. The gift of His Son, Jesus. Then your ears will open and your eyes will see what others do not. It is called FAITH. AMEN!

Mark....4 v 10-12.....But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of GOD, but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, so that, Seeing, they may see and not perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, and their sins be forgiven them.".....

Once you fully understand and hear GOD speaking to you, He will give you more wisdom over more things. I believe that is what He is talking about in this next verse. When He says to you who hears, more will be given. I believe He is saying more life will be given to you, and those who do not accept His SON, even what they already have will be taken away. They will continue to grow away from GOD and the everlasting life He has for them through Jesus.

Mark 4 v 24-25....Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it wil be measured to you, and to you who hear, more will be given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him......

We must always be ready to learn and to receive from GOD. A person who only uses the world's understanding and does not hear GOD, is like an unteachable person. One who thinks they know it all. Only GOD knows all things. Amd if you are willing to hear, He will teach all things to you. AMEN!

RTB...Mark 4-6.....

No comments: