Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If God Says You Can

If God says we can do something, then why do we doubt in our hearts. Why can't we believe what God says. Why is it so easy to believe the devil and the people of the world but not GOD?

It has been that way since the beginning of time. When God told someone to do something, they would question Him. We have an example in Exodus of God telling Moses to go to Pharoah and tell him to let His people go. But Moses tells Him he can not speak well, and surely there must be someone else He can send.

I find it ironic and even a bit funny that we would question the very One who made us, and knows what we can do, because He is the one who gave us the ability to do what we do. I believe God probaby finds it annoying that we question Him, when He knows all things. He probably has rolled His eyes at me a few times, when He tells me to do something, and I say I can't or I am not capable. I can just hear His exasperation with me!!

Exodus 4 v 10-11.....Then Moses said to the LORD, "O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue." So the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD?"...........

Do you see how ridiculous Moses sounded now? He is telling God what he could do and can do since He started talking to him. Like God didn't know who he was before He started talking to him. Can you see the frustration of the LORD? Think about that the next time you hear GOD tell you to do something that you think you are not capable of. Remember to Whom you are speaking with. The One who made your mouth, your mind, your body. Then maybe you will not find the task so difficult. AMEN!

RTB......Exodus 4-6.......

No comments: