Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Pray or Not To Pray (for Patience)

Yesterday while talking with a friend of mine via email, we are sort of both in the same situation at work. With some people you need a lot more patience to endure them. Well, this morning while reading one of my little daily readings, I got this AHA moment about patience. We always hear you are not suppose to pray for patience but I never really understood why. Now, I know. Anytime you want to get better at something you practice it over and over again. (How many of you just got that AHA moment) When you pray for patience, God has no choice but to give you situations so that you may practice patience. How else would you develop patience unless you have situations to cause you to need to use patience? HELLO! So I say to my friend today, we are praying the wrong prayer, STOP NOW, don't pray for patience any longer, let's pray for deliverance! (I am kidding)

No we need to pray for those who cause us to have to use so much patience where they are concerned. We need to pray for love in our hearts toward those people, and for the Spirit of Jesus to overflow from us to them. I find it very easy to be so loving toward others when I am sitting at home studying the word all day, and not being confronted by others. But now that I am out in the public eye, I find myself falling short on the love stick toward my neighbors. I find myself getting irritable with people and their attitudes instead of practicing what I hear from the Lord. Pray for me today, as I am as human as the rest of you out there. I want the light of Jesus to shine off me, so that everyone I encounter will feel the Lords presence and His love for them through me. Pray that the Lord will change my heart in the way I feel toward those who have problems with their medications. I know the Lord has not had me in this field for 32 years for nothing. I pray the Lord give me compassion for those who abuse their medications and that I will have a heart to pray for those instead of losing patience with them. AMEN!

Luke 8 v 15....But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.....

Now, I know that this is not the normal scripture for people when they are talking about patience, but this one says it all, we must have a good and noble heart when we receive the word of God, so that we will have patience with our seeds where we plant them, and we will someday bear fruit from those seeds. AMEN!
Neta

1 comment:

katrina kinnison said...

This is the perfect message for me right now! Thank you!