Monday, September 29, 2008

Missionary On The Job

Some of us are missionaries on the job. We should count ourselves lucky. At least we are getting paid a good salary for a missionary, and we are not sleeping in grass huts on dirt floors, having to use outhouses, eat who knows what. I spoke of this recently, that sometimes we are like missionaries on our job because of the people we work with or have to deal with. I have been struggling with whether or not to stay at my work place being constantly around foul language, corrupt morals, and I could go on. And then God showed me something yesterday while sitting in church waiting for the message. He showed me who better to deal with this person than someone who was exactly the same as she was before I met Jesus. Who better to understand her and why she behaves the way she does? Who better to deal with the people who come in there with the same lifestyle I used to have? It was a WOW moment.

We are always asking God to help us in being a better Christian, in doing His work, yet when His work is staring us in the face everyday, we are still looking way beyond to some magical moment that He will put us in some foreign place, when we are in that foreign place now. Once we become a new man in Christ, these people who act and behave just like we used to become foreign to us. We are like foreigners because we do not think or believe or behave the same way as they do any longer. The problem with that thinking is, that they are still our brothers and sisters and they need our help just as much as the lost over in Indonesia, or Africa or wherever.

While reading in Beth Moore's devotional of Missionaries around the world today, I was reading one where every time the missionary would offer help or food to someone, their first question was, "how much does it cost"? The cost has already been paid by Jesus. It doesn't cost anything to receive prayer, healing, or help. Not if we look at the cost Jesus has already paid.

How much does it cost for you to stay on that job, and do the work of Christ? It is a blessing to you not a cost. For Christ gave you a missionary job where you get paid everyday to show up and do His work. AMEN! We are all missionaries on our job sites. We just need to start praising Him for the blessing of being able to work for Him and get paid for doing what should be our hearts desire in the first place. If we would all look at our jobs as the mission field and going to work for Christ each day, instead of going to work for man, then we would have a much less stressful time at work. Hallelujah! I am excited about my mission trip I will take each day now.
Father, help me to be the best missionary for Christ that I can be on and off the job. Thank you Father, for showing me how blessed I am to be working for you, and getting paid at the same time. Lord, let my co-workers and customers experience your love and kindness for them through me. AMEN!

Rev. 21 v 6.....He said to me: "It is done, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."......

1 Cor. 9 v 19, 22-23......Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. ......To the weak, I became weak, I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.".....

Sometimes, we are not there to teach but to be taught. Sometimes, we are there to share, sometimes we are there to bring healing, and sometimes we are there to just listen.
Whatever reason God has you on your job, remember you are there as a missionary unto the LORD, to do His work. Sometimes you will not even have to open your mouth.

Neta

No comments: