Wednesday, April 9, 2008

God Gives You Treasures

While reading in Proverbs the other day, Rob and I came across yet another passage of scripture telling how God gives you riches and wealth. Actually this scripture is telling about treasures and wealth of a different type.

Prov. 8 vs 21...That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries.

This verse is telling how wisdom leads you to these things. Before anything else God created, there was wisdom. And you know it is true, it helps to have wisdom to understand the ways of finances. You re-call the parable where Jesus is teaching about how can He trust you with alot if you can not handle the little first. That is why He encourages you to study the word of God, so that you may be given wisdom into how to handle your affairs. We all could use some wisdom in our lives, on how to raise our families, how to take care of our finances, how to walk in love toward others, how to take care of our bodies. I believe if we would spend more time getting into the word of God, and soaking in His wisdom, we would all find our lives running so much more smoothly.

While at WOL, sister Becky told us once when she was delivering the message, how she likes to read 1 Chapter of Proverbs, and 5 chapters of Psalms a day, and in a month you would have read PS and PROV. I think if we would do this over and over again, we would finally start soaking up some of the wisdom that is found in these 2 books. So, I challenge all my readers to read these and lets see how much easier life becomes for us, and how we can better handle situations that arise in our lives. I know I personally could always use a little more wisdom.

Prov. 8 v 32-35... Now therefore, listen to me, my children, for blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not disdain it. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gate, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD;..........

Neta

No comments: