Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How To Share The Gospel

We have started a new series at church for August, entitled 7 Steps to a New Life. I am very excited about it, as hopefully we will all learn how to better equip ourselves to share the gospel with others.

As we were talking last night about why it is hard for us to share the gospel, something came to me from my days as a "Mary Kay" Sales director.

I can remember when I was a consultant, I didn't sell very much Mary Kay because I had never used it, so I was unfamiliar and uncomfortable sharing with others. I was afraid they may ask me something I wouldn't know how to answer. Then one day, I took my friend with me to a meeting to have a free facial. No one showed up, so I told her I would have a facial with her.

My director was leading us through the steps of cleansing our faces and moisturizing, etc. I was so excited, I said, "this stuff is great!" My director said, "Neta, you act as if you have never used this before?" I was honest and told her that I had not. But that I would from here on out.

As I started using the product and studying all the facts about the products, I became very excited about what this product could do for your skin. From then on, every facial I did, I sold the entire kit. Why? Because, I beleived in what I was selling, because I had a personal view on the product since I was using it myself.

Having said all this, my point is, when we share the Gospel with others, we need to have a good understanding of exactly what we are sharing. We need to be excited about our Salvation and how we came to receive it. We need to share the good news with others, and not try to judge them or preach condemnation to them.

Pastor said something that caught my attention. Our task Jesus assigned us with was to share His good news. Once the person we share with, accepts Jesus as their Lord, He will take care of the cleansing. We can't clean them, we can't change them. Only He can do that.

One of the things we were always told in "Mary Kay" was to not take a (no) personally. As the person was not saying (no) to us but to our product.

The difference here is we are not trying to sell Jesus to people. We are trying to share the great things He has done with our lives. Sometimes we witness more to others by our actions and with no words at all. What are our actions telling others? Are our actions leading them to want to know more about our new life with Christ Jesus?

Don't be like me with the "Mary Kay". Don't just recieve your salvation, and then not read the manual as to what to do with it. Get in the word of God and study it out for yourself, what speaks to you, what means the most to you. Know where to find the Truth to share with others.

Once you get a revelation of the Word and what it is saying to you, you will be more comfortable and ready to share it with others.

Jesus says the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few. God's will is that none should perish. If we would all get excited about what Jesus did for us on that cross, and start sharing with others, we would start to see a harvest time. AMEN!

I am not sure how you will personally share the Gospel with someone else. But I have came up with some Bible truths that will help me in leading others to Christ Jesus. My homework Pastor gave us this week was to find the scriptures that say what you want to share, and write them down and get them rooted into your heart, so that they are easy to share.

My Homework:

How To Share The Gospel With Others

1. Has anyone ever shared with you what John 3 v 16 says?
John 3 v 16....For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever beleives in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.....

2. What about John 3 v 17?
John 3 v 17....For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.....

3. The word might is there because God gave us all free will to choose for ourselves. No one can choose Jesus for us. We have to make the decision to make Him Lord over our lives on our own.

4. How do we do this?
Romans 10 v 9-10...If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe with your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.....

God is Love. It is His will that NO ONE should perish but that we would ALL come to Him through His Son Christ Jesus.

Jesus died over 2000 years ago on the cross for You and Me. For EVERYONE. His gift of salvation is His free gift of Grace to ALL who acknowledge Him as the only Son of God. We CAN NOT WORK for our salvation. We can only get it through Christ Jesus.

His blood covered ALL sins, past present and future. Since we obviously were not around 2000 years ago when He died, we would be the future, and all we do will be the future.

5. When we accept Him, we are a new creation.
2 Cor. 5 v 17...Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new....

6. God says, He remembers our sins no more.
Rom 6 v 14.... For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law, but under GRACE......

You are now covered by the blood of Jesus.

It is the enemy who will remind you of your past. When he does, SHOUT him down with the WORD. Tell him "my sins are no more". "I am a child of God."

7. God says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8 v 1-2....There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death....

8. We are made free in Christ Jesus.
2 Cor 3 v 17...Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.... (freedom)

9. Why do you have to beleive in Jesus and make Him Lord and Savior?
John 14 v 6... Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.".....

10.Now what does all this mean?
This means that if you believe in your heart that Jesus is the only Son of God, and that He died on the cross for your sins, and that God raised Him from the dead and that He is now seated at His right hand. Then you too are a child of God.

Now get into His word and find out all about this wonderful Savior. In His word are promises to you for your health, your prosperity, and your freedom. Get to know Him better.

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: