Thursday, June 3, 2010

Picking Ripe Fruit

When you are growing a garden or fruit trees and bushes, you know that you have a window of picking your fruit and veggies when they begin to ripen. One day can make a difference. In one day your fruit and veggies can ripen past the point of being fresh and ready to eat.

Just a couple of days ago, while working in my garden, checking the sqaush and zuchinni, it looked like they were just not getting any bigger, then I skipped a day, and when I went out there today, they were almost too big to be any good. They grew from being a small little veggie, tender and young to being a huge veggie, tough and hard.

Sometimes, that is the way it is with us. We go for a while and skip getting into the word each day, and we start feeding ourselves with the TV, radio, media, newspapers, and we begin to get tough and hard. We need to stay in the word so that we will always be fresh and new. AMEN!

When you garden you take on a responsiblity of keeping the garden watered, and weed free, keeping the soil fed the right nutrients so that the garden will grow healthy and fruitful. We are the same with our lives and those of our loved ones. We must keep ourselves and our loved ones fed the right things, keep them safe from the weeds of the world, by keeping the WORD in front of our eyes and in our hearts. Making sure that we tell them about Jesus and what He did for us. Making sure that one day we will all be together again in Heaven with Him and the Father.

This week, a member of our family passed away and when I first arrived, I had an uneasiness about her salvation. She was in a state that she could not communicate with you, and it was difficult to know what to do or how to pray. This was a very unsettling, scary feeling that I never want to experience again. Her daughter told me that she had asked her before about her salvation and she told her she knew that she would be in heaven. God showed me that we must tell people about Christ while we have the chance, because you never know when that chance will be taken away. He also showed me the scripture I used the other day about who are we to call unclean what He has deemed as clean. As her daughter and I prayed with her about her salvation, a peace came over both us that when she did pass away, she was with the LORD. I believe this peace came from the LORD, letting us know in a polite way, that she had secured her salvation with Him, so we could put our questions aside.

My point is, it is better to know that your loved one is secure in their relationship with the Lord, rather than go through the agony at their death questioning as to where your loved one now is. So that is what this tid-bit today is about. It is about picking the fruit in a timely manner, before it dies on the vine.

My first question is Do you know the Lord Jesus as your personal Savior? There are two parts to that question, so please read carefully. 1. Do you know the Lord Jesus? 2. Do you know Him as your personal Savior?

Here is why, I ask it this way. Satan knows Jesus, Satan knows the Word of God so well, that He was able to manipulate the word to try and trip Jesus up while Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness with Satan tempting Him. ( Read Matthew Chapter 4) But Jesus knew the word better as He is the Word. AMEN!

That is what happens with us, if we do not know the word, the world will try to trip us up by turning the word around, or by telling you the word is not for today. (A lie from Satan.)

Here is the deal, it is not enough to know Jesus, but you have to accept who He is. He is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him. ( Read John 14 v 6)

He is the only Son of God, and He died on the cross for all of our sins, not just for some of us, but for all of us. It is the will of the Father (GOD) that no one should perish but that all should have eternal life with Him. (Read John 3 v 16)

The Word tells us that we must confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that Jesus is Lord. We must asked for forgiveness of our sins, and then we must call on the name of Jesus for our salvation and we will be saved. AMEN! (Read Romans 10 v 9-13)

When you make the Lord Jesus your personal Savior you will turn from your sins, and you will follow Him. Will you ever sin again? Probably so. But will you want to? No. Once you make Him the Lord over your life, the Holy Spirit becomes your conscience, your guide so to speak. You have only to listen to what your Spirit man tells you, and you will keep yourself out of sin.

Will temptations come your way? More than ever. Is being a Christian easy? Not all the time. Is it worth it? MOST DEFINITELY!

Why would you want to become a Christian? Because when you accept the Lord as your Savior, you are free from hell, free from the curse of death. When Jesus died on the cross, he freed us from sickness, illness, disease, sin, poverty, from all the curses mentioned in (Deut. 28).

We will spend eternity in one place or the other. We will spend eternity with the Lord Jesus and the Father in Heaven, or we will spend eternity in the pits of hell, where there is gnashing of teeth and torment in the lake of fire for all eternity. (That is a long time to burn and be tortured) (Read Rev. 20 v 10)

Trust me when I say, life is so much better as a Christian. I can say that. I lived a life full of sin. What I thought was fun, staying drunk all the time, partying all the time, doing whatever, whenever, and having no care about who I was hurting or what I was missing out on. That was all just a lie of Satan. There was no fun. When you stop and think about it. I felt like crap the next day, was ashamed most of the time of things I said, or things I did. Never had anything to show for myself, because I spent every dime on cigarettes and alcohol. I missed half my children's lives and missed out on doing things with them, because I was so caught up in MYSELF. People tell you that once you become a Christian, there is no more fun in your life. (Another lie from Satan) Well, let's look at me for an example.

Now, after becoming a Christian, I have a better relationship with my sons, I am healthy, I have traveled to almost every state in the US and to 3 other countries. My husband and I have a great relationship and have had for 20 years now (did I mention as a sinner I had three failed marriages). I have a peace over my life that only comes from having that personal relationship with Jesus. I used to have such fear in my life, that it was crippling to some degree. I was afraid of the night, I was afraid of death, I was afraid of storms. Now when there is a storm I sleep like a baby knowing that Jesus is my peace in the storm. AMEN! He brings you such comfort, I swear I do not know how I made it without Him in my life before. Yep, Rob and I have more fun now, then we ever did as lost sinners.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I do not want one of my tid-bit readers to not have that relationship with Jesus that I am referring to. I do not want to have to sit by one more bedside and wonder about that person's salvation. I do not want to ever experience that torment again. I do not want to have to answer to God for why I did not tell one person whom I call friend or family about the relationship that will secure their eternity with the Lord and God in heaven. I am picking my fruit on time, my friends and family will not die on the vine because I did not share with them the love of JESUS.

So in closing, if you have never asked the LORD Jesus to be your personal Savior, to come into your heart, to forgive you of your sins, and to change you into this new man. Then right now, where you are, stop what you are doing and pray that simple prayer. He will forgive you, He will be your new best friend, He will bring you out of your trials and tribulations when you turn to Him belieiving in your heart. He will make you a new creature. He will love you like no one else can. He will secure a place for you in heaven with Him and the Father, and all the rest of us who want to see you again. AMEN! And you will have peace and MORE fun in your life, not less. AMEN!

Read the scriptures highlighted in bold, and remember JESUS LOVES YOU and so do I.

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: