Thursday, May 6, 2010

Love Never Fails

God's love never fails. If we are walking in God's love, we cannot go wrong. We will not fail. Sometimes we try to walk in our own strengths, on what we call love, but somehow it just does not measure up to God's love. That agape love. We find it easy to love those who love us, and are nice to us. But what about loving those who persecute us, who belittle us, who have wronged us in some way?

Yep, this is where we have to walk in God's love and not our own. God's love is God's love for us. The way He first loved us. Not how we love Him, but how He loves us. AMEN!

1 Cor. 13 v 1-3....Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of propehcy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing......

The word tells us no matter what we give, what we do, what we understand, if we do not have love and walk in love toward each other, we have nothing. We are just a bunch of hot air, and loud racket. AMEN! No matter how big a show you may make of helping others, if you are not walking in love toward everyone, not just those you like, you might as well have done nothing.

What is this agape love? What is this love of God?

1 Cor. 13 v 4-8a.........Love suffers long and is kind, love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails........

When someone does you wrong, you have to forgive them and go on and meditate on these scriptures about love, and let go of the wrong they did to you. Let God handle them, and you just walk in God's love toward them. You do not have to be burdened with their wrong doings. But you do have to walk in love toward them.

Next time you are having trouble in any area of your life. Check your love walk and see where maybe you have not walked in love toward someone. Meditate on this scripture, ask yourself, am I being rude, self focused, being provoked by the enemy in my thoughts against this person? Am I being self righteous, am I being envious? If so, then turn around and remember, love suffers long, and is kind, hopes, believes, endures, and bears up all things, and most importantly love never fails. God's love, that agape love, the love He loves you with, never fails. AMEN!

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: