Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Catch Me If I Fall

Sometimes we get this idea as Christians that we are not ever going to fall. That we are safe from all things. Here is the thing, and I have said it many times over. God's word tells us that no weapon formed against us will prosper, He does not say it will not form. So there will be times when things will come against us and we might fall into the trap of believing the enemy and need to be brought back to the WORD. AMEN!

Someone made a comment about when he was given a diagnosis of malignant cancer in his brain that he felt like he had been punched in the gut. He is a pastor, and knows what the word says, and has always been healthy, and then out of nowhere, he has a seizure, ends up in the hospital, and about a week later is having surgery to remove a tumor that is malignant. This thought never even crosses his mind, because like I said, he said he had always been the picture of health.

Here is sort of the explanation of how he felt when he was first given the news. He said it was like free falling then being caught up before you hit.

In other words, say you are on the top of a cliff looking out at all God's beauty, just admiring His creation, just resting in His love and His assurance over your life, then WHAM, all of a sudden you are knocked over the cliff, free falling, and you are breathless with fear, then, WHOOSH, all of a sudden realization of the WORD comes back and you are caught up and held in the safety net of being a child of GOD, and your fall is broken and you have a soft landing.

Now I know I added a lot to his explanation but I wanted you to completely grasp the TRUTH of what God's word says. When you trust in the LORD, HE will catch you up, and break your fall. AMEN!

PS 91...He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your sheild and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, even the MOST HIGH, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot....(then God says)..."Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him, and show him My salvation.".....

Now do you see where your safety net is? You do not have to keep free falling until you hit the end. Know what His word says about your troubles and know Who your safety net is. AMEN!

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: