Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Egg Money

Has there been a time while at church there was a call for a special offering for a visiting pastor or missionary and you wanted to help by contributing, but you felt like you just did'nt have enough to make a difference? The same with giving your regular tithes and offerings at church or pledging to help build a new building or to give into a mission fund. Sometimes we feel like I've only got two dollars, what good will that do anyone? So we hold on to our two dollars and that two dollars remains just that...... two dollars.

Here is where we miss the mark. That two dollars for us in the natural is just two dollars. But when we let go of that two dollars and give it to God, it becomes more than enough, pressed down, shaken together, an abundance overflowing pouring out.

Luke 6 v 38..."Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."....

Sometimes I feel like because I do not work that I do not have anything to give into His kingdom. Yes, I know I share in my husbands tithe, but sometimes, the Holy Spirit leads me to give into other things like the missions. One day when I was thinking like this, the Holy Spirit said you've got $3 of egg money in your purse, give that. I thought I'm not even going to waste an envelope on $3. what good will that do anyone in the missions. God said you're right, $3 wouldn't be much help to anyone, and then just as I was getting ready to pat myself on the back because I thought God was agreeing with me, He said, but $3 to Me is not just $3. He said I can take your $3 and make it $30, $300, $3000. He said I will make your $3 more than enough, pressed down shaken together, running over.

Matthew 13 v 8...But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.....

Luke 19 v 17...."Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.".....

In the verse above God is telling us that if we are faithful stewards over the little we have, He will multiply, not to only bless us with more than enough, but so that we may be able to meet even more needs. Just a little extra tidbit, you can't outgive God!

We have to get a revelation of what it means to be a faithful giver and tither. My son told me one day something that has always stuck with me. He gave some money to a person on the street who was collecting for missions, and me in my doubting, suspecting old person that I was back then asked, why would you do that, when I knew he didn't have much more than what he had gave the guy? He said "Mom, when I give that money with the right heart into the kingdom of God, the minute it leaves my hand it is no longer mine, but God's. That money is no longer my responsibility." He said, "I can't concern myself with whether or not that person does the right thing with the money, my part is done and BLESSED. I was obedient to the Holy Spirit and gave and now my seed I sowed is blessed." It will become more than enough for what I gave it."

Here are the key ingredients with giving into the kingdom. Be a Happy, Generous, Faithful Giver. In other words, don't give grudgingly, don't give without faith, and don't hold on to what you gave after you have given it. When you let go and deposit your seed into His kingdom, don't look back and wonder and worry over that seed. You have to truly let go of that seed so that God can super-naturally multiply it with His blessing.

2 Cor. 9 v 7-8...So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. and God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.....

The questions to us today is, Are we trying to hold on to our egg money with wrong thinking? We need to let go and trust God, that He is faithful to do what He says He will do. And watch our egg money grow and feed His Kingdom. AMEN!

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: