Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We Win

I have been watching alot of old TV shows lately like Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Big Valley, Bonanza. Yes, I like old westerns. You know all the old shows start and end the same way. The good guy starts out in some kind of predicament, but he always comes out the winner. The good guy never dies.

I got to thinking about something my Pastor said about how we know what the ending of our story as born again believers will be. We win. Just like the good guys in the old shows, we never die. We win the ultimate prize, spending eternity with our Father God and Jesus in heaven. What a great ending.

The thing is we don't have to wait to win when we die. We win everyday. God tells us in His word how Jesus died on the cross not only for our salvation but for our health, our prosperity, our peace. We just need to accept His love and His free gift of Grace.

PS 91 v 1....He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty....

God loves us so much. When we spend time with Him, when we get close to Him, nothing can touch us. Read the rest of PS 91 and see how you are protected when you abide in Him.

Let me use this analogy. Mothers especially will relate to this story....

I remember once when I was pregnant with my youngest son, and my older son was 5 years old. I found him crying in his room, and when I asked him what was wrong? He told me that he didn't want to go to another family. I said, what do you mean? He said, my friends told me that when you have a new baby, you give the old kid away to someone else. My heart broke into a million pieces, still to this day when I think of that moment I get very choked up. My heart broke to think that my child whom I loved so much would even think in his little heart that I could give him away.

That is how God's heart breaks when we believe the enemy over Him. When we believe the lies of the enemy telling us we have to be poor, or we have to be sick or we are condemned, when He tells us in His word (not only tells us, but promises us) that we are his beloved children, that we have health, happiness, hope, salvation, peace, prosperity. That we have the blessing of Abraham on our lives. Yet, we listen to others.

Sometimes it is hard for new Christians to believe when there is so much negativity in the world. Sometimes they are like the 5 year old with broken hearts thinking God does not love them. Let your heavenly Father reassure you with His word how much He loves you and wants to care for you.

Just like I did with my small son, I hugged him and reassured him that I would never leave him. What a happy child he was, and what a big weight taken off such small shoulders. God wants to do the same for you. He wants you to cast those cares onto His shoulders and let Him wrap you in His arms and love you. He wants you to know without a doubt, whatever the battle, the outcome is you WIN. You will always belong to Him, He is not going to give you away.

John 10 v 27-29....My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.....

Where can you find this love so amazing?

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: