Monday, October 31, 2011

Beating Your Head Against A Brick Wall

Have you heard that saying before? "I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall". Did you ever wonder who started that saying? Well, I believe God did. While at church Sunday, Pastor was reading a scripture out of Jeremiah and it may me think of that saying.

Jeremiah 23 v 29...."Is not My word like a fire?" says the Lord, "and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?".....

I sort of giggled to myself when I read this, because I thought God is saying, "Do I have to beat my head against a brick wall, do you not get what I am trying to tell you?" In other words some of us sometimes are like a brick wall where God's word is concerned. We just don't get it!

What does He have to do to get our attention? What does He have to do so that we will believe and trust what He is telling us? Do we need fire in the form of a burning bush like He did with Moses? Do we need Him to split one of the oceans so that we can walk through to the other side like He did with the Red Sea for the children of Israel?

The longer we ignore the Word of truth, the word of God, the harder our hearts become like a brick wall. God will and can get through to you. But here is the deal. He is a gentleman and He is not going to force His way through. No, He is going to wait for you to ask Him to help you knock down your brick wall and replace it with a swinging door. A door that is open to Him at any time. A door that is never closed. He is waiting to have a relationship with you where the door opens both ways. Where He is always welcomed and you are always welcomed. There will never be a 'Do Not Disturb' sign hanging from His door.

So when God says in His word "You were healed by His stripes", You are blessed with the Blessing of Abraham on your life, "He leaves you with His peace", "He gives you a sound mind", whatever it is that you need. When His Word says it, it is the same as Him saying it to you personally. You have His promise. And God cannot lie.

Don't cause Him to butt His head against a brick wall because of lack of faith in what He says. Just believe with your heart and let Him show you His love.

Let's quit giving God a headache with all of our brick walls that we build. AMEN!

How can we tear down those brick walls where we have doubt?

STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: