Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Take Advantage of the WORD

Do we take advantage of the Word? I mean, do we go day to day and not even pick the Word up and read it? How many people would miss not having the Word if it were withheld from them? Think about that for a minute. Would you really miss the Word if it were not available to you? This is how you know how to answer that question, ask yourself this question, do I read the Word often enough to miss it if it were gone? There are many places in the world that are not allowed the Word, there are some that are persecuted for reading it. Would you read the Word even if it meant persecution? What does reading the Word mean for you?

John 1 v 1-5......In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it......

How does the Word instruct you to live your life?

Prov. 6 v 20-23....My son, keep your father's command, and do not forsake the law of your mother. Bind them continually upon your heart; tie them around your neck. When you roam, they will lead you, when you sleep, they will keep you, and when you awake, they will speak with you. For the commandment is a lamp, and the law a light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life.....

The Word is our command, our instruction, our way of life from our Heavenly Father. How do people live without direction and purpose. You may say I have direction and purpose in my life. My question to you is where or whom does your direction and purpose come from? Is it from God, or from the world?

Don't let what happened in the book of Amos happen to you. Don't let a famine of the Word enter your life.

Amos 8 v 11-12...."Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord GOD, "That I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD. They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the LORD, but shall not find it"..........

How devastating would it be, to not be able to find the Word of God. I for one would miss it terribly. A day may come when the Word is taken away from us, that is why we must, we MUST, hide the word in our hearts. That doesn't mean to keep it to ourselves, but it simply means to have it so deep into your heart, that it will always be there when you need it. When you need to recall what the LORD told you about something, you have only to go to your heart to find what He has to say to you.

Ps 119 v 9-16.....How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to YOUR WORD. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your WORD, I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O LORD! Teach me Your statutes. With my lips I have declared all the judgments of Your mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget YOUR WORD............

Do you see now how importatnt the WORD is to us. It is the voice of GOD speaking to us. Don't you want to talk to GOD everyday? Then pick up His WORD and spend some time talking with Him, instead of talking on the phone, or watching TV, or staying on the internet. AMEN!

Stay in the WORD!

No comments: