Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WHO ARE WE

We are highly favored children of GOD. We are new creations in Christ Jesus. We are the ones HE calls righteous, and blessed. We are heirs with Christ Jesus in the kingdom of the FATHER.
WHOO-HOO!

Are you revved up now? Do you remember who you are now? Are you feeling sorry for yourself, are you feeling down in the dumps, are you feeling like you are just beat up? STOP, and remember who you are. YOU ARE HIS! AMEN!

Is the enemy attacking you? Are you fighting the devil over something? Quit fighting, you have already won the VICTORY. AMEN!

We have been reading the bible through and for those of you who have been following along, you know that we are now in Ezra. Well, somewhere I got off and back into Colossians today. Man did I need the scripture I read today. What a revelation of who I am in Christ, and how I am suppose to behave. God has a sense of humor. I kept thinking, somehow I just don't think we are suppose to be in Col. but I read it anyway. (I guess God knew I didn't get it the first time) HA!

Col. 3 v 12-17....Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things, put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the LORD. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the LORD JESUS, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.....

OH MY GOSH! Where was I when I read that a little while ago? I was waddling in my pity, feeling sorry for myself, and letting pain take my body over. Then God decided enough is enough and lead me right back to this scripture.

Do you have peace in your hearts? Have you forgiven those who persecute you? Are you singing songs and leaping for joy when you are being persecuted? The word says we are being blessed when others persecute us. And then we are told here, to give thanks in all things. And when we speak to others, are we speaking as if we are speaking to Christ Jesus Himself, are we treating others (and that means our enemies) as we would treat the LORD JESUS?

All I can say is thank you LORD for reminding me who I am and Who I belong to. AMEN.

RTB....Ezra 7-10...

No comments: