Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Have You Got What It Takes

Has God called you to something that you feel is bigger than you are? While reading in my devotional by Andrew Womack this morning, I realized that God has called me to do some things that I felt like I was inadequate to do, so therefore I put these things aside. But now after reading this, and seeing how if God called us to do it, then it probably is bigger than we are, because we serve a GREAT BIG GOD who can do ALL THINGS. I feel encouraged now to take up one of those tasks and let GOD lead me through it. AMEN!

If you know God has a will for you to do something, and you are afraid, or you feel inadequate, seek God and His word, and see what He has to say about it. Look through His word at all the times He asked someone to do something, and they felt the same way. Look at how He told Moses to go to Pharoah and command him to let His people go. Moses could not speak well, and yet God was sending him to this leader to command something of him. How do you think Moses felt? Probably like buckling at the knees. Or how about when He called Gideon out from hiding behind the winepresses to fight for Him. He called him a mighty man of valor. Gideon was hiding, he saw himself as a coward, but God saw him as a mighty man of valor. Or how about when He called David to be a king, and he was just a young shepherd boy. We could go on and on, but the point is, God sees in us what we can not see. God knows what we are made of, because He knew what and who we would be before we were ever born. When He formed us in our mother's wombs, He knew what we would be capable of doing for His kingdom.

Jer. 1 v 5-8....."Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Then said I, "Ah Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth." But the LORD said to me; "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you," says the LORD......

Do you feel led by GOD to make a move in a new direction, to set out on a path that seems somewhat intimidating? Andrew Womack said it right in his devotional, "Don't try to fulfill the task in your own strength and never again refer to your weakness, Go forward in His might instead."

Just like Jeremiah, God knew you before you were born.


Neta

No comments: