Thursday, July 31, 2008

How Blessed Are We, Really!

My God, my God, do we even realize how blessed we are? Probably not. Today while reading in one of my devotionals, something hit me so hard between the eyes, that I never saw it coming. I probably have a couple of black eyes now. Not from the hit, but from the weeping I did after God showed me this.

How many of us out there pay for storage each month? How many of us, are lucky enough not to have to pay for storage but have rooms and rooms, out buildings, sheds, garages, attics filled with stuff? How blessed you are. We as Americans are so blessed, we can't even see our blessings any more. Oh yeah, we see when we get what we want, we say I am so blessed. But then when what we want goes into storage, the attic, or the garage, do we still look at that (whatever it was) as a blessing? Probably not, or it wouldn't be in storage. If we took all of those items that we never used, and sold them and gave that money into the kingdom, then took what we couldn't sell and give to our local shelters, how blessed then would we be? Just think if you are paying for storage, because you do not have enough room in your house to hold all these things, then don't you think that if you really needed these things that God would bless you with a larger house to hold them? So obviously you do not need them, or they wouldn't be in storage in the first place. Think how much money the storage buildings are making off of us, when if we would just realize the fact that we do not need these items, or (like I said they wouldn't be in storage) that is money that could be given into the Kingdom of God for His use. That money could be invested each month so that it could grow and you would have the means to give when there is a need. Or that money could be sowed right into a ministry that is in need now. WOW!

I know I am stepping on some toes today. There is even some out there saying, "she is crazy, trying to give everything away." Well, let me assure you I am not crazy. God has just finally given me a revelation of how much I don't need to be content. There is a word for you. How many of you are content with what you have? Be honest. How many of you can truthfully say, that you are not wanting or wishing for something that you do not have right now? That being said, how many of you if you were given a large sum of money and told you could do whatever with it, would go out and buy something you have been wanting? Or would you take that money and invest it into a plan that would always have sufficient to give when a need arises? I mean you can't go and buy anything if you said you are content. You see, we as Americans do not know what the word content means. We have the means to always get more, so we do not know what it means to be content with what we have.

Phili 4 v 11-13....."I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed, or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."......

I can honestly say, this verse suits me. I was thinking today, after reading this, of how I complain about so little room in this RV, but yet I have more than I had at one time in my life, when I lived in a green house with a screen door with plastic covering in a very bad part of town where I would put a padlock on the inside of the door when I was home, and on the outside when I was gone. HA! (Like they couldn't just cut through the plastic if they wanted to get in.) I lived here with my 1 year old son. No one taller than me could stand up inside this little house, and there was no A/C and only a little space heater. We had beans and cornbread on the weekends, and eggs and bread during the week, (eggs I got from my mother's chickens) On payday twice a month we would have chicken and dumplings or a roast and potatoes. But I always shared with family when I had enough to cook, so it was back to the eggs during the week. I was content then because I knew it was all I had the means to have.

I am not saying that it is bad to have things, or to be blessed, I am just saying that when we have to put things into storage then we are in my opinion living in sin in that area. We are hoarding things that someone could be using, or that we could actually sell and sow into someone's life who is in need. Do you understand what I am saying? If you are still worrying about your stuff and giving it away, then you probably have not gotten the revelation of this yet. I am just asking each of us to take a good hard look at what we have in our lives, vs. what we need in our lives, and then make the adjustments when your heart is right. AMEN!
Neta

No comments: