Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Don't Be Dry Bones

Are you dry bones? While reading in Ezekiel 37 this morning, God showed me there are alot of dry bones out in the world. In fact, there are a lot of dry bones in the churches. Dry bones are spiritually dead people. They do not know how to activate or choose not to activate their spirit man living within them. They keep Him under lock and key for fear of humility, embarrassment, dis-belief, and I am sure there are other reasons as well. Some are just sitting in the pews keeping the pews warm, some are actually very busy working in the churches, but they are still spiritually dead. No matter how the pastor tries to draw out their spirit man, they refuse to let go and be free in Christ with allowing the Holy Spirit to freely worship through them. They will not come out of their comfort zone, or worse even, the Holy Spirit isn't even present in them yet. Why is it so hard to do what the word of God tells us to do? Lift up holy hands and praise Him. Pray in the Spirit always.

1 Tim 2 v 8...I desire therefor that the men pray everywhere lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting...
Ps. 63 v 4....Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.....
Ps 141 v 2...Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice....
The lifting up of hands is a form of prayer to the Lord.

Ephes. 6 v 18....Praying always in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perserverance and supplication for all the saints....
Jude 20....But you beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.....

Now I am not saying that everyone in church should be speaking in tongues, for how would those who are not accustom understand what is going on? But you are to pray in the Holy Spirit when you are praying to God. There is so much argument over this, and I do not understand how someone can argue with the word of God. Don't just read part of the scriptures that tell you about praying in tongues, and pick out the part you agree with, read the entire passage, so that you can understand what Paul is saying when he speaks on tongues. Don't be quick to pick and choose, and harden your heart to the rest. I think you will be surprised that there is a beautiful prayer language in you just waiting to be heard by God.

We say as Christians that we believe every word of the Bible is God Breathed. Yet some of us still want to pick and choose. Well, just do then like someone told me once, just tear out all the pages of the bible that has things you don't believe written on them, and see what kind of bible you are left with. Amen!

Ezek. 37 v 1-4...The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" So I answered, "O LORD God, You know." Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.....

I for one am thankful for the Holy Spirit living within me, and freeing me up to praise God the way He deserves to be praised, with no holding back but just giving it all up to Him. AMEN!
I will continue to lift my hands to my Father, so that He can lift me up, I don't want Him to feel as if He has to stoop over and pick me up all the time, but that He sees me lifting my praise to Him freely, unashamedly and not just always in need, but in glorifying Him in all things giving Him praise and thanksgiving. But I do not think this is just talking about being dry in the spirit but also in your worship just all around. You see, some people are just going through the motions and may have not ever even been saved. There are alot of unsaved people working in the churches today in important roles, the time has come if this is you, please humble yourself before the Lord and ask His forgiveness, and accept Him publicly, so that you may experience the full joy of the Lord and His blessings in your life. AMEN!

"Father, do not let me ever do anything for show, but only out of reverence and respect for you. AMEN!" Please do not quench the fire of the Holy Spirit living within you, don't just be a pile of dry bones.
Neta

No comments: