Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Coffee Break With God

I love the mornings when I have time to get up and settle down with my cup of tea or coffee and get my Bible and start praying for God's guidance and His wisdom as I read His word. It is such a peaceful relaxing time. No worries, no stress overhanging, just one on one time with God.

This is the time that we can take for ourselves, to just rest in Him and lean on Him. This is the time to tell Him all of our troubles, instead of getting on the phone and calling our friends and family to vent, we take this time to tell Him what is bothering us. It is surprising how fast our troubles can get smaller and even dissappear altogether when we take them to Him instead of building them bigger by telling everyone else our problems.

This is the time that God is talking about in PS 91 when He says he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High. He wasn't talking about hiding in a closet (unless you need to in order to get by yourself) or going to some mountain top. He is talking about just taking some one on one time with Him and His word.

When I was working, I found that when I took the time to spend with Him first, my job that day went a whole lot easier. When we take the time to saturate ourselves with His word, then the world's junk can not stick to us throughout our workday. It is like covering ourselves with Holy Oil and everything else just slips right off.

When you read PS 91 change the word you to I and me and make it personal. That is how God intended for it to be. Let it read like this.....

PS91....When I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, I shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, You are my refuge and my fortress; in You I will trust. Surely You shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. You shall cover me with Your feathers, and under Your wings I shall take refuge; Your truth shall be my shield and buckler, I shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not come near me. Only with my eyes shall I look and see the reward of the wicked. Because I have made You my refuge, even the Most High my dwelling place. No evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near my dwelling. For You will give Your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways. In their hands they shall bear me up, lest I dash my foot against a stone. I shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I shall trample underfoot.
Because I have set my love upon You, therefore, You will deliver me. You will set me on high because I have known Your name. I will call upon You and You will answer me. You will be with me in my times of trouble. You will deliver me and honor me with long life and You will satisfy me and show me Your salvation. AMEN.............

Now after God talks to us like that, how can anything the world has to throw at us stick. That is His Holy Oil annointing you. His Word is your protection, your nourishment, your salvation. His Word is everything you need to survive. His Word is TRUTH.

You might say, I feel so defeated, how can I go on? Open His WORD and let His TRUTH set you free. His WORD is a personal love letter written to you. Read it, believe it, and then let go and let God have the leading role in your life.

STAY IN THE WORD!

1 comment:

Dicy said...

Thank you for your words of encouragement today. You are right our day goes a lot better when we spend time with the Father.