Monday, June 27, 2011

The Perfect Dance

WOW! Sunday our Pastor said somethng that really stuck with me. He was talking about the Holy Spirit being our guide. He sort of compared it to when you are dancing a waltz with someone, and how you only have one person leading, and the other following.

That is how the Holy Spirit wants to guide us. He wants to be the leader and He will lead you perfectly if you will let Him. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman, He will not force His moves on you. But in order to create the perfect dance, we have to let Him be the leader. Let Him lead and we follow.

Every now and again we will get our toes stepped on, but that is because we are trying to take over the lead instead of following Him. Sometimes we will look pretty silly because we are out there trying to dance all by ourselves. We will look as though we have no direction.

But if we would just let the Holy Spirit guide us and lead us around the dance floor of life, we will be floating together as a beautiful waltz.

Jesus said He would send us a helper someone to guide us through our lives. He did, He sent us the Holy Spirit to dwell within us. He wants to dance with you through this life. Let Him lead. AMEN!

John 14 v 15-17...."If you love Me, keep My commandments, and I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever..the Spirit of truth, whom the world can not receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you"........

John 15 v 26...."But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me......

John 16 v 7.....Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.......

PS 25 v 4-5....Show me Your ways O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.....

PS 25 v 9-10....the humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way. All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth........

We put our trust in the Lord and believe what He said, the Helper would be our guide that He will lead us in truth. We first have to trust in our dance partner in order to let Him lead.

PS 25 v 1-2....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies triumph over me.....

In other words, Holy Spirit, I am trusting You not to drop me when You dip me in our dance.

You may ask what if I do not know how to let Him lead? Then get into His word and get you some free dance lessons.

STAY IN THE WORD!
Thank you Pastor Danny for a beautiful way of explaining the Holy Spirit and how He wants to guide us through our lives.

No comments: